PDA

View Full Version : O3 tour hybrid ,a flop?

____
11-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Supposed to be a traditional player racquet but...

1.Uncontrolable power without topspin

2.String and tension sensitive

3.Consumer report 50% love it 50% hate it

4.Blake treats it like a plaque

5.No ATP pro use it yet and due to it's unique head shape and the o-port,other racquets cant be painted to look like it.

6.Popular among playtesters but not among buyers.

What do you think?

BiGGieStuFF
11-28-2006, 08:09 AM
Hmm...I like it. A lot. Success with me. I can hit flat fine with it. Switched from the shark to this.

vkartikv
11-28-2006, 08:13 AM
Which consumer reports?? The racquet has barely been released! Just coz people on this board don't like it doesn't mean its not popular - just look at the PD... This board does not represent the entire population, my friend :)

Rafa's best friend
11-28-2006, 08:15 AM
O3 hybrids does not work, Prince is going to go back to traditional frames, cause Blake hates O3 tech in the racket.

BiGGieStuFF
11-28-2006, 08:25 AM
O3 hybrids does not work, Prince is going to go back to traditional frames, cause Blake hates O3 tech in the racket.Maybe just for him but there are plenty of pros who buy into the technology. It's here to stay in my opinion.

Bottle Rocket
11-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Nobody said anything about it being a "traditional" players racket.

This not not your typical players racket... It is not flexible, it is not overweight, and it is not totally low powered. Believe it or not, there are people that demand something different.

What is this business with James Blake? Who cares. This stuff is ridiculous.

Rafa, I am really getting sick of your posts.

Anyway, I agree with the other posters... This board does not always represent the rest of the population. PD haters love this place, this racket seems to be attracting the same type of hate.

Take a look at the reviews on the TW page for the racket, your percentages will change.

It's quite sad how people influence eachother around here. One or two crazy racket bashers really swings the croud around here. People should try more rackets for themselves and form their own opinions.

And maybe it matters to you, but I don't buy rackets because the pro's are using them. Most of them aren't using rackets that are even currently produced. This is a stupid way to choose a racket. This is really one of your arguments against it?

Dunlopkid
11-28-2006, 11:07 AM
I thought the racket was definitely good on serves. Haven't really hit groundies with it yet. I too am sick of Rafa's posts.

Tempyst
11-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Uncontrollable is an overstatement. This is a topspin-game racquet, with great manuverabilitiy, and to be honest it works great for my all-court game. Plus, poly can simply tone down the power and give more control if needed.

fujitsu77
11-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I didn't really get the hang of the hybrid tour.

BIG disappointment

bcsax123
11-28-2006, 02:23 PM
To me it seems to be a cross between a N6.1 95 and a PD...
The N6.1 is supposed to be a traditional players racquet, but it's a heavier tweener.

fujitsu77
11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
Check out my O3 Hybrid Tour Users thread. You can find a good amount of feedback on this racquet there.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=105900

LoveThisGame
11-28-2006, 05:42 PM
Read Rafa's best friend's writings in the tabloids at your supermarket checkout counter;) .