PDA

View Full Version : Comparisons of FXP RAICAL OS & Liquimdetal OS

onkystomper
11-28-2006, 02:10 PM
can anybody give me a run down on the differenes between the two, playability etc.

I can get the liquidmetal for 55 but the FXP is 120 i have demoed the FXP OS and really liked it

Thanks

BaseLineBash
11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
The biggest difference between the two are the cosmetics and graphics.

onkystomper
11-28-2006, 11:24 PM
So would you say i was as well off just getting the liquid metal for half the price?

Alafter
11-29-2006, 08:23 AM
onky,

join my in my blind buy crusade. i am gonna buy an LM rad OS 1/4 and gonna string it with an 18 gauge poly and 17 syn gut cross, 58/60.

let's compare our thoughts on it in about 1.5 months time...

Hoot
11-29-2006, 08:36 AM
I demoed both racquets. The biggest difference between the two was feel. The FXP had a harsh feel with a lot of vibration to it. My elbow was sore for a couple days after playing with it. The LM hit all the shots the same but felt very comfortable and no elbow problems.

I have played with the LM Rad OS for about two months now and really like the racquet. I added about 20 grams of lead and the racquet plays even better.

phat
11-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Alafter, LM rad is quite hard on the elbow with poly at this tension. Add some weight to the handle should help your arm a bit.

Alafter
11-29-2006, 08:48 AM
point taken.

At the moment i have a shark at 62 lbs, same hybrid
and
a POG OS at 60/62, same hybrid.

so anyways i thought with 18 mains, i guess i better lower the tension just a leetle beet. so i came up with 58/60.

if you think that will feel way harsher than the POG mentioned above, then I might go for 56/58

onkystomper
11-29-2006, 09:34 AM
onky,

join my in my blind buy crusade. i am gonna buy an LM rad OS 1/4 and gonna string it with an 18 gauge poly and 17 syn gut cross, 58/60.

let's compare our thoughts on it in about 1.5 months time...

Its a deal. I have just ordered 2 Liquidmetal Radical Oversizes. They should be here in 2 days so will update you with initial thoughts then.

They are so cheap now that i figured i may as well try this blind buy thing. Besides i wasted loads of money demoing and could not make a decision anyway!!!

onkystomper
11-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I demoed both racquets. The biggest difference between the two was feel. The FXP had a harsh feel with a lot of vibration to it. My elbow was sore for a couple days after playing with it. The LM hit all the shots the same but felt very comfortable and no elbow problems.

I have played with the LM Rad OS for about two months now and really like the racquet. I added about 20 grams of lead and the racquet plays even better.

Where did you add the lead? I used a storm which i leaded up to 340 grams. Would like to do something similar with the LM OS

Hoot
11-29-2006, 12:44 PM
I put the lead at 12,3,6,9 to move the weight to 340g. The sweet spot is huge now, but is too head heavy. I am going to put some on the handle to try and make it HL. The lead made the racquet feel very solid!