PDA

View Full Version : The difference leather makes

vkartikv
11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
My pc600s are great but I knew from day one that they wouldn't work in a match situation where I would have to be returning fast and kick serves. So I am using the dnx9 and tf 320 18x20 now. Both seemed very mediocre to start with until I got a free pair of wilson leather grips. I decided to go naked on the grip and put no overgrip over the leather. Result - amazing feel, precise location of fingers on the bevels and of course, a few blisters. More than anything, I am very glad I can position my fingers for the right grip at the right time. And of course, two mediocre racquets have come to life with leather - especially the tf 320. If you didn't like the extended length/high SW of the 325, the 320 is for you. Head shape also seems to resemble the Blake racquet... Thanks cows.

p.s. notice how I am moving away from wilsons to the more rectangular grip guys?

TonyB
11-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Have you tried the TF 335?

The TF335 swings so light you'd think it weighed 320.

I can't say I dislike the TF red grip. Feels great to me. And I do like leather. It's just that I don't have any problems with the TF synthetic grip.

vkartikv
11-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Have you tried the TF 335?

The TF335 swings so light you'd think it weighed 320.

I can't say I dislike the TF red grip. Feels great to me. And I do like leather. It's just that I don't have any problems with the TF synthetic grip.

No, just haven't had a chance. I am no stranger to heavy frames but I think my results with them have been very consistent - great at the net and for a set and a half but I have to finally admit that I can't go the distance with them. I think leather helps the racquet become more 'tangible' than cushion grips.