PDA

View Full Version : Instinct users? What are they like?

AJK1
11-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Getting curious about the Head Instinct range. What are they like? Feedback please!

N4n45h1
11-28-2006, 04:33 PM
I like my lm instinct xl, its has a nice solid feel to it, but unless you have a good stroke the ball seems to go long, i guess its important to put enough topspin on the ball. the best strings ive had on it so far would be wilson nxt, and next after that would be forten thin blend. i normally string it up under the medium tension of 57lbs. It's interesting though since even with the extended length my volleys are easily controllable.

Jack Romeo
11-28-2006, 08:50 PM
the lm instinct feels solid but comfortable with a lot of controllable power. despite the fairly tight string pattern, it is still able to generate good topspin and slice. it is maneuverable for net play and serves. i think serves are a strong suit of this racket.

i've only hit with the fxp instinct once but it does feel softer and a bit more muted. i prefer the more solid feel of the lm instinct.

the only problem i had with this racket is the grip shape - too rectangular for me. it's even more rectangular than other head rackets. i had to modify the grip to use it properly.

Duzza
11-29-2006, 12:55 AM
LM was good, solid. The flexpoint not so solid.

nickb
11-29-2006, 02:14 AM
I ive played with the flexpoint instinct and instinct team, they are very solid for the weight, manuverable but for me dont have alot of control. They were just too powerful for me. Give em a try you minght like them.

__________________________________________________ _____
5x Wilson Ncode Six-One Tour
Prince Synthetic Gut Mains @ 62lbs
Tecnifibre Polyspin Crosses @ 60lbs
Leather Grips + Pro's Pro Overgrips

siow_a
11-29-2006, 05:54 AM
The LM instinct from Austria is a better racquet than the LM from China. It feels more flexible to me. That said, both are gresat serving and baseline racquets. Comfort is great.

Flexxed
11-29-2006, 08:25 AM
What do you guys mean by solid? The instinct tour xl I tried felt really hollow and buzzy. If you mean solid like good in most areas then I agree. I thought it played very well with maybe a bit too much power
it was pretty stable for it's weight.

Ztalin
11-29-2006, 09:35 AM
What do you guys mean by solid? The instinct tour xl I tried felt really hollow and buzzy. If you mean solid like good in most areas then I agree. I thought it played very well with maybe a bit too much power
it was pretty stable for it's weight.

Agreed. It felt pretty hollow, and it needed more spin. Other than that, I liked it.