PDA

View Full Version : Help with racquet customization

Slazenger
11-28-2006, 06:45 PM
I need some help from those of you who are racquet customizing gurus.

I have a wilson nps 95
(specs are here http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=NPS95D)

I would like to customize it so it's as similar as possible to the Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 95
(specs are here http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=60

I guess I would like to make the nps 95 more headlight and heavier. How would I go about that?

Thanks in advance,

Slaz.

Amone
11-28-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm sure someone will get to it before me if I do this, but... I'm tired, I'll get it to you tomorrow afternoon.

Slazenger
11-28-2006, 07:57 PM
ok thanks.

Amone
11-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Okay, home and settled once more...

You've got 40 grams of weight to add, which is quite a lot to work with.
You've got to actually remove swingweight, so we can't match that. But we'll see what we can do.
Then, we've got 9 pts to move it down. I think I may spy a solution...

The best thing to do, to match your specs, would be to add 40 grams to the racquet, 10 centimeters up the handle. You'll want to do your very best to get it at exactly 10 cm (4 inches) because at that point you're trying to use as little swingweight as possible.

What I would do is get 4 20-inch strips of 1/2 inch tape, remove the grip, mark the 10 cm location, and wrap the strips one-next-to-another, 2 strips per side of the line.

Slazenger
11-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Okay, home and settled once more...

You've got 40 grams of weight to add, which is quite a lot to work with.
You've got to actually remove swingweight, so we can't match that. But we'll see what we can do.
Then, we've got 9 pts to move it down. I think I may spy a solution...

The best thing to do, to match your specs, would be to add 40 grams to the racquet, 10 centimeters up the handle. You'll want to do your very best to get it at exactly 10 cm (4 inches) because at that point you're trying to use as little swingweight as possible.

What I would do is get 4 20-inch strips of 1/2 inch tape, remove the grip, mark the 10 cm location, and wrap the strips one-next-to-another, 2 strips per side of the line.

Thank you very much for this. I really appreciate it.

I do want to clarify exactly what you mean though and have some questions:

I should cut 4 strips of 1/2 inch width lead tape, each strip being 20 inches long.

Then measure 10cms from the buttcap up the handle and mark it. Then wrap the 20in strip horizontally around the handle, 2 on either side of the 10cm mark.

So does this mean I will have 1 inch of lead tape on either side of the 10cm mark?

Also wouldn't that mean I would have a thicker section in the middle of the handle?

Amone
11-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes, it does. On both counts. However, it shouldn't be too much thicker. You shouldn't notice it a whole lot. You got the instructions exactly right. I don't like putting weight on or in the handle, but in this case it was really the only way to do it.