PDA

View Full Version : Stringing

MariaS
11-28-2006, 07:44 PM
I've never used gut on my racquet. What are the advantages in using gut? What is most commonly use by League players? :smile:

LttlElvis
11-29-2006, 08:05 AM
Some advantages of gut: Great, sweet feel for the ball. Great spin. Great control. Arm friendly. Retains tension.

Disadvantage: Cost

To me the advantages far outweigh the disadvantage. I used Babolat VS 17g and recently switched to Babolat Tonic. The VS 17g gave me more spin. The Tonic was $10 less and a little more durable.

Redflea
11-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Just strung gut in one of my racquets recently...first time since a brief use in my high school years (parents weren't willing to fork over the $ to support my desire to use gut on an ongoing basis). :(

Feel is great...crisp and clean, yet very, very comfortable, great ball feel and (so I am told, haven't played it long enough again to see) should hold tension and be playable until it breaks. Tends to be more powerful than similar multifilament strings of the same gauge...

Maybe not a great idea if you're a regular string breaker, but if you tend to use strings until they lose feel or tension, could be a good choice.

I'm trying Klip Legend now...at $25 or so is relatively cheap.

Take a look over in the Strings and Stringing forum for more information...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14