PDA

View Full Version : racquet and power pad

patrick922
11-28-2006, 08:53 PM
do you guys think that putting power pads add weight to the racquet causing it to lower the sweet spot? i recently put power pads and i put a thick piece of it on the throat of the racquet. so you guys think that 'extra' weight moves the sweet spot towards 6 o'clock?

patrick922
11-29-2006, 09:00 PM
no one has input on this?

diredesire
11-29-2006, 09:19 PM
shouldn't be too large of a change, theoretically it would, though. I'd guess it's pretty negligible.

Rafa's best friend
11-29-2006, 09:21 PM
do you guys think that putting power pads add weight to the racquet causing it to lower the sweet spot? i recently put power pads and i put a thick piece of it on the throat of the racquet. so you guys think that 'extra' weight moves the sweet spot towards 6 o'clock?

I was told by a US open stringer, that it make no difference whatsoever and only thing it does is protect a sensitive string like natural gut...:grin:

louis netman
11-29-2006, 09:39 PM
I was told by a US open stringer, that it make no difference whatsoever and only thing it does is protect a sensitive string like natural gut...:grin:

True, it will also slightly soften the feel, rendering a string job, IMO, slightly less crisp...