PDA

View Full Version : Demo list input?!?!?!?!

Patricklovestennis
11-29-2006, 02:22 PM
so i have narrowed my large list of racquets down to 4 racquets here they are
1. Wilson nCode n3
2. Wilson nCode nSix-2 OS
3. Wilson nCode n4
4. Prince 03 Blue OS

what does everyone think???
Please give me a few more ideas, since my demos are lacking a little bit of variety, and I am trying to find a new racquet.
I have a spin forehand, i like to flatten out my backhand, and i have a decent serve, and good volley, I like to think that I have a pretty good technique.
I am 3.0-3.5 and 16 years old.
Thanks. :p

Bottle Rocket
11-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Why do you want big light high powered rackets?

Once that issue is settled... My recommendation is the Wilson Hammer 6.

You can find them factory strung on the internet for $75.

I have played with the nSix-Two as well and it is not so bad, just very light, and very powerful. All of these extremely light rackets irritate elbows. I also get extremely lazy with my footwork because you can swing extremely hard even when totally off balance.

I recommend a heavier and most likely smaller racket.

I really think starting out with a more control oriented racket with some weight behind it will be much more beneficial to you. Just my opinion, though.

flemby2112
11-29-2006, 02:44 PM
If you are 16 and have good technique I would say you look at mp racquets. M-fil 300
Prince tour diablo MP
Babolot PD
Just my opinion but I don't think you will improve as fast with a OS tweener.

Bottle Rocket
11-29-2006, 02:47 PM
After a little more thought, if you really want power, I think you're a perfect candidate for a Pure Drive W/Cortex.

Patricklovestennis
11-29-2006, 02:48 PM
well i have a Prince Scream OS
Prince Tour Diablo MP
and
Yonex RDX 300 Super mid
and when i tell people those racquets they always say stick with them, I am just not satisfied, they pack a punch, but my arm gets exhausted when I play everyday for my highschool team, I just want a "bad-day" racquet, one i don't need to do much with....

pNoyr3D
11-29-2006, 02:49 PM
If you are looking for a low price good racquet I think dunlops might be a good choice, if you haven't tried yet. Look at the dunlop quality thread, there are alot of good posts about the dunlop racquets. I myself use a dunlop racquet and definitely recommend it to someone who hasn't tried one yet.

My advice is to tryout the M-Fil 300.

Patricklovestennis
11-29-2006, 03:03 PM
now i have n3 n4 n6-2 and dunlop M-Fil 700

Patricklovestennis
11-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Ok. so one last adjustment....
1. Wilson nCode n3
2. Wilson nCode n4
3. Wilson nCode nBlade 106"
4. Dunlop M-Fil 700

Good, better, or worse

headfan91
11-29-2006, 04:52 PM
the nblade is a baseline racquet, it's not good at net, so unles you only play baseline I wouldn't suggest it. I second the dunlop racquets, maybe the m-fil 500?

bcsax123
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
well i have a Prince Scream OS
Prince Tour Diablo MP
and
Yonex RDX 300 Super mid
and when i tell people those racquets they always say stick with them, I am just not satisfied, they pack a punch, but my arm gets exhausted when I play everyday for my highschool team, I just want a "bad-day" racquet, one i don't need to do much with....

String it looser for more power.

pNoyr3D
11-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Dunlop M-Fil 700? What drove you to choose that racquet to demo? I'm just curious.

Duzza
11-29-2006, 05:18 PM

So in other words you don't want to improve?

Noveson
11-29-2006, 05:31 PM
So in other words you don't want to improve?

A little bit harsh, but I agree with Duzza. You are only 16 and are going to improve, plus racquets aren't cheap, so might as well get something you could grow with. Your arm getting tired shouldn't be a factor that much. Keep using it and you will get strong enough, and your arm won't get tired.

Patricklovestennis
11-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Well I do want to improve, and I am but some days are just bad days....

flemby2112
11-29-2006, 05:34 PM
I agree these tweener raquets might not be the best for your game over the long run.

Patricklovestennis
11-30-2006, 06:35 AM
here is my new list of racquets, sorry about the two different posts....

Patricklovestennis
11-30-2006, 06:41 AM
So when i looked i couldn't see my final list, so i am re-posting it.
1. Wilson nCode n3
2. Wilson nCode n4 111"
3. Wilson nCode nBlade 106"
4. Dunlop M-Fil 500 105"
and maybe
5. Head Flexpoint Instinct
Should I take one racquet off and add the head flexpoint instinct, or should i keep everything the same??

bribeiro
11-30-2006, 06:46 AM
Get the liquidmetal instinct, plays better than the flexpoint instinct in my opinion, and it's cheaper.

bcsax123
11-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Guys he has a Scream OS..... A tweener/game improvement stick...

Ztalin
11-30-2006, 09:04 AM
so i have narrowed my large list of racquets down to 4 racquets here they are
1. Wilson nCode n3
2. Wilson nCode nSix-2 OS
3. Wilson nCode n4
4. Prince 03 Blue OS

what does everyone think???
Please give me a few more ideas, since my demos are lacking a little bit of variety, and I am trying to find a new racquet.
I have a spin forehand, i like to flatten out my backhand, and i have a decent serve, and good volley, I like to think that I have a pretty good technique.
I am 3.0-3.5 and 16 years old.
Thanks. :p

Sound similar to me... my forehand is my main weapon (spinny and powerful), and my backhand is flatter (working on 1-hander to make it into a weapon also). I'm more like a 4.0 and I demoed quite a few racquets recently.

The one's that I liked best are

Babolat Pure Drive (the one I'm getting)
Pure Drive Roddick
Aeropro Drive
Ncode n6.1 (although it was pretty heavy for my taste)

I didn't like the LM instinct since it didn't offer very good spin. 03 tour was horrible, as was the RDS 001.

For you I'd for sure demo the pure drive and aeropro drive. People talk about it the pure drive giving arm problems, but I have a shoulder impingement and it is MUCH easier on my shoulder than my rdx 500 (mostly due to the light weight, which is why I need a light stick). I actually didn't have any problems with my shoulder whilst using the PD, but if I use a flexier, heavier frame, I start to get problems (my leaded up RDX 500 is actually what created the problem in the first place).

Patricklovestennis
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
the thing is, i've tried the pure drive, and didn't really like the feel of it, I am not a big fan of babolat