PDA

View Full Version : Prince Magnesium Pro 125 >>>

Kirko
11-29-2006, 04:08 PM
just "won" on on ****; N.I.B. with plastic on the handle. I played with the 90 version for years and thought it was best playing racket I have used; so solid no vibration dampner required and it had weight to it. it has a 16x19 pattern which I'm going to string at 78 lbs. with prn. syn. gut. I know you guys are going to "flame" me about the size, but it doesn't look that big actually. outside of the great hitting capabilites this series of rackets had; it had the solid feel in the handle. totally devoid of vibration and it didn't sound like a "musical instrument" when you hit the ball. I used to string my midsize mags. at 65 lbs. the combo. of a tight string job and a soft forgiving frame it was wonderful.

samster
11-29-2006, 04:22 PM
post pictures of it, please!

Kirko
11-29-2006, 04:52 PM
I will do that when I get it. its actually a nice looking frame grey and it has a black throat piece. I know a lot of guys here very young and you would say it looks like a kmart or wallmart racket, but it ain't. Pat Cash used it and Pat Dupre along with the number one player in norhtern nevada at the the time. I almost forgot Pioline used it also.

galain
11-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Damn Kirko - you're going to have the ball jumping all over the place with that! Please let us know how you find it - I have a Mag 90 and I agree with you - one of the best frames ever made and the very best thing Prince has ever put out without question. Nice find you have there.

Kirko
11-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks Galain! I'm convinced it will play just as well as the 90. The No.1 player in northern nevad used the 110 version. I would hit and play a pro-set every once in awhile with him and he strung his mag 110's at 71 lbs. itsd really a shame Prince could not keep this frame around it would be dirt cheap these days and you would have true player's frame that needed no lead or vibrattion dampner. I'm going to string it up at 78 lbs. first if its to lively then it on to 82 lbs.

jayserinos99
11-30-2006, 04:14 PM
I remember my dad using this frame in the 80s and early 90s until he broke all of his and went with the Graphite Extender. I ended up picking up a couple on the cheap for old times sake; the feel and spin was just extraordinary.

I have yet to restring a couple of gray Mag Pro 90s I have as well but I'll bet they'll feel just as good.

KFwinds
12-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, man - I've got a near-mint Mag Pro 110; definitely one-of-a-kind feel. Very hefty stick. NOT for sale :)

Deuce
12-01-2006, 02:16 AM
Indeed - the Mag Pro 90... wonderful memories.
Pat Cash not only used it, but won Wimbledon with it.
Pioline reached the finals of the U.S. Open with it.
Not 'paint jobs' - the actual racquet. You couldn't disguise these things.

I liked them so much, and couldn't find anymore that after Pioline switched to the Radical Tour, I contacted his agent looking to see if Pioline had any remaining. He did, and agreed to send them to me - so I got 4 of Pioline's old Mag 90s. These ones are all white - with a white throat piece. I don't know if they were painted white just for Pioline, or if they were simply white in Europe.
They were rather used when I got them, though - being played with by a pro - and a pro's intense hitting schedule - for nearly a decade.

galain
12-01-2006, 03:22 AM
Hey Deuce

I hope you have those hanging on your wall somewhere? Whenever I read other posters telling us about the "actual" pro's frame they have, sometimes acquired through a neighbours friends' aunts third cousin twice removed - I always think of you and those frames of Pioline's and smile to myself.

Kirko
12-01-2006, 07:58 AM
neat story Deuce! I remember you also saw Larry Stefanki using the mag. 90 also and he told you how he thought the frame was great.

Steve Huff
12-01-2006, 10:07 PM
I also have a Magnesium Pro 125. It was my wifes first non-wood frame. Then she went to a Pro Staff 125. The Mag hit much nicer.

jayserinos99
12-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Slightly OT, but has anyone hit with the Pro Kennex Magnesium Ace? There's one on the auction site brand new that is midsized; it's very similar to the Mag Pro 90.

Kirko
12-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Slightly OT, but has anyone hit with the Pro Kennex Magnesium Ace? There's one on the auction site brand new that is midsized; it's very similar to the Mag Pro 90.

Jay if this racket weighs in at 12 oz. and is standard lenght; I think it will and if it does your in for a real treat! These rackets have the heart of a thoroughbred trapped in the body of a mule.