PDA

View Full Version : okay my final situation....i hope....

Japan Tennis
11-30-2006, 03:37 AM
Hey

I have decided to buy a Pure Control team.

My first option is to wait for the Pure control team with cortex that is or isn't comming out and get that. But i don't even know if cortex is a good tech, has anyone tried it on the pure drive? can you compare the pure drive with and without the cortex. I don't even know if it is comming out...can i get some imput on that...

My second option that i plan to do whether i buy the cortex or not cortex one is to alter the length. I found a place that will extend my racquet or reduce my racquet only one inch. So i was wondering if extending my pure control team is a good idea...how will a pure control team play if it is 28 inches? any ideas?

Also i was wondering which is better the regular pure control with the 16x20 string pattern or the plus version with the 18x20 string pattern.

Also what is the max length of a racquet for tornements because if i want to extend it to its max length i could always get the pure control plus and extend it one inch making it 28.5 but is that illegal length?

Thanks for your input...

Japan Tennis

Dunlopkid
11-30-2006, 05:24 AM
I can't compare the Cortex, non-Cortex frames, but I do believe that Babolat said they are NOT coming out with a Pure Control Cortex.

thejuice
11-30-2006, 06:02 AM
First question, why would you wait for a racquet that may never come out? No one has officially confirmed the release of a PC w/cortex.

Second question, why do you want to extend the length of your racquet to 28 or 28.5 inches? It wouldn't make much sense to extend the standard version when there is a plus version. My theory is that the reason for a tighter string pattern on the 27.5" version is to try to control some of the extra power that you would get. I would guess that a 28+" version of the standard would be uncontrollable.

Just get a couple of PC+ sticks and call it a day.

haerdalis
11-30-2006, 07:03 AM
29 inches is the max length and that is really long.

bcsax123
11-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Buy it play dammit. No racquet will ever make you better.

Japan Tennis
11-30-2006, 12:43 PM
what is the longest length a racquet can be?

WhiteSox05CA
11-30-2006, 12:57 PM
I haven't heard anything about cortex coming out on the Pure Control line, but I would rather get the cortex version. The cortex does a little, but the newer model will probably have a cooler PJ like the new Pure Drives.
________
NEXIUM SIDE EFFECTS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

Voltron
11-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Hey

I have decided to buy a Pure Control team.

My first option is to wait for the Pure control team with cortex that is or isn't comming out and get that. But i don't even know if cortex is a good tech, has anyone tried it on the pure drive? can you compare the pure drive with and without the cortex. I don't even know if it is comming out...can i get some imput on that...

My second option that i plan to do whether i buy the cortex or not cortex one is to alter the length. I found a place that will extend my racquet or reduce my racquet only one inch. So i was wondering if extending my pure control team is a good idea...how will a pure control team play if it is 28 inches? any ideas?

Also i was wondering which is better the regular pure control with the 16x20 string pattern or the plus version with the 18x20 string pattern.

Also what is the max length of a racquet for tornements because if i want to extend it to its max length i could always get the pure control plus and extend it one inch making it 28.5 but is that illegal length?

Thanks for your input...

Japan Tennis

Ummmm, plus isn't an 18x20 pattern, also babolats suck McTesticles.

Japan Tennis
11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
we're not here to argue whether babolat sucks, so can we get back on topic.

What is the longest length a racqurt can be?

AJK1
11-30-2006, 01:16 PM
They are only gonna put cortex in the stiffer frames.

lolsmash
11-30-2006, 01:20 PM
we're not here to argue whether babolat sucks, so can we get back on topic.

What is the longest length a racqurt can be?

29 inches, it was stated in the 3rd or 4th post.

Japan Tennis
12-01-2006, 12:23 AM
has anyone played with a 29 in frame? or anything longer then 28 in?

Japan Tennis
12-01-2006, 06:14 AM
anyone tried a 28.5 in frame?

bcsax123
12-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Anyone try to play tennis instead of thinking a new racquet will help thier serves?

Steve Huff
12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I used a 29" racket for 1 year (when I first returned to tennis after a big layoff, and "long" rackets were the in thing). Mine was a Prince Ripstick. Worst mistake in my tennis life. It killed my elbow. It was hard to control volleys with too. I went back to an old PK Ceramic Destiny, and when my last one broke, went to the 5g.