PDA

View Full Version : Prince Graphtech DB 110

catcat
08-14-2004, 10:56 AM
MY wife came home with a couple of these older Prince rackets that need restringing. The label claims they are made of a blend of fiberglass and graphite. Is this a fairly arm friendly racket? What tension should I string?The rackets are in good condition and Prince states range of tension 60-75. I play from the baseline (3.5). Thanks in advance.

steveq81
08-14-2004, 11:30 AM
Catcat,

The USRSA stringer's digest now lists a recommended tension range of 57-67 lbs. Manufacturers tended to list higher tension ranges back when this racquet was introduced, and many of these have been updated (usually lowered) by manufacturer over the years.

I string for someone (age 57) here in our community who has used one of these for what seems like forever. He bought it new when it first came out and has been using it since (the first time I strung it for him was 11 years ago -- just checked my stringing log). I have been stringing it with a variety of synthetics over the years, most recently Head Fibergel. We've been using 62 lbs. (on a Prince neos 1000) and he's been very pleased with that.

He's not a big hitter, but has never had any arm/elbow problems.