PDA

View Full Version : Pain inside the elbow

Kryztof
08-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Hello,
i'm playing tennis since 20 years now and i never got any classic tennis elbow but i always have a pain on the elbow (always wakeup this pain when i'm starting my first serving but not with other shots), the pain is not outside of the elbow (like in classic tennis elbow) but inside (very near the jointure, in fact i'm sure the is a muscle that was developped with playing tennis many years...
Is someone can help me with this pain? or get experience with this same pain and what to do with it? thanks friends

BillH
08-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Your description of the pain location sounds like a problem I have suffered with recently. My research indicates it is probably what is referred to as "golfer's elbow." It is like "tennis elbow" in that it is a strain of the muscles and ligaments involving the elbow, but it is those that attach to the inner part of the lower elbow. Do a internet search on golfer's elbow and you will get a good explanation of the condition and how to overcome it. Like your description, I can hit ground strokes all day and not feel a thing - it is only when I serve. I started wearing a neoprene elbow brace and serving with less force. I also started concentrating on hitting through the serve and following through to my opposite knee on serve. It seems to help quite a bit and I have noticed less pain lately. Good luck.