PDA

View Full Version : Prince Pro

MariaS
11-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Yes that's what I said. As a senior player I still use and luv my Prince Pro. Do they make anything comparable today with the same weight distribution as the PP racquet has? I don't find the head or the handle of the racquet to be heavy. Which is good for me personally. ;)

SteveI
11-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Yes that's what I said. As a senior player I still use and luv my Prince Pro. Do they make anything comparable today with the same weight distribution as the PP racquet has? I don't find the head or the handle of the racquet to be heavy. Which is good for me personally. ;)

Hi,

Have any idea what the specs are for the Prince Pro? Than we can really help you out....:grin:

Steve

arnz
11-30-2006, 04:44 PM
The prince pro OS is 107 inches headsize if I'm not mistaken and has a 16 x 19 string pattern, maybe heavier than 12 oz. and made of aluminum with a plastic throatpiece. If you want a slightly updated version, I think the most similar would be the POG OS, same dimensions, except made of graphite.

but if you want to continue playing with the prince pro, there are loads of them being sold on that auction site, mostly going for cheap so you can stock up :-)

Nuke
11-30-2006, 04:48 PM
It's a 110, not 107.

Z-Man
11-30-2006, 06:25 PM
The Prince Pro was a great racquet. Does yours hage a two-tone leather grip? I played with one through my junior years until the Graphite Pro came along. The only problem is that if you lose your temper and smack it on the ground, the metal will warp.

Nuke
11-30-2006, 07:59 PM
My last remaining Pro is a bit warped, and lives in the closet. The one before that suffered metal fatigue and the throat cracked. Good racquets for their time,though.

superstition
11-30-2006, 08:54 PM
I know a guy who switched from a Prince Pro to a Weed Z One Super-Oversize (http://weedracquets.com/page/14p0r/The_WEED_Store__w_Racquet_Specs.html). Four seniors in my area play with them.