PDA

View Full Version : kfactor player frames

cantstopme
11-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Played with all four today and here is the skinny.....there will be 4 player frames released Jan 20. They are

ksixone tour (90) fed and yea the long pallet is there and it is supposed to be exact rep of fed's....i hit with this and very different from previous tour 90's (more flex)

three versions of 95......basically the 95 with 16X18 pattern same as ncode

95 with 18X20 pattern

95X which is the 16X18 pattern but one inch longer

TEAM which is NPS version a lot lighter with 18X20 pattern.

I'll bet my life everyone loves the 90.....very different from anything out there now.

Soundbyte
11-30-2006, 02:46 PM
A flexier tour 90 sounds more like that infamous PS 6.0 90 that everyone is dying for.

I'm an avid 6.0 85 user. If this new racket is a modern version (aka, slightly poor pop), then it could be easily be the best stick of the decade...

Dunlopkid
11-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the info.

str33t
11-30-2006, 02:48 PM
woah, a 95X thats one inch longer. sounds strange.

SFrazeur
11-30-2006, 02:55 PM
ksixone tour (90) fed and yea the long pallet is there and it is supposed to be exact rep of fed's....i hit with this and very different from previous tour 90's (more flex)

I like what I hear. Did they seem to have that muted nCode feel to them?

snoflewis
11-30-2006, 02:58 PM
A flexier tour 90 sounds more like that infamous PS 6.0 90 that everyone is dying for.

I'm an avid 6.0 85 user. If this new racket is a modern version (aka, slightly poor pop), then it could be easily be the best stick of the decade...

the 6.0 90 everyone is looking for isn't exactly flexy....the 6.0 85 is not really stiff (66 flex), so a flexier version of the n6.1 tour 90 would actually shy away from the "6.0 90" in terms of specs...however, it would be interesting to see how it feels and plays given the n6.1 tour 90 isn't really the traditional midsize player's frame

cantstopme
11-30-2006, 03:01 PM
The 90 played different than any racket I've ever played with.....and yes I used the 85 pro staff for 8 years. The other 95's played just like Ncode versions.....i should say though, the 95X is only .5 in longer at 27.5 rather than the full inch I initially reported.

servelefty2233
11-30-2006, 03:03 PM
I bet rafa's best friend will be ecstatic about the extra long 95.

sypl
11-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Whoa, a whole inch longer? Don't see too many 28 inch frames nowadays...

StunLock
11-30-2006, 03:24 PM
specs?

'the message you have entered is too short. please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters'

psamp14
11-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Played with all four today and here is the skinny.....there will be 4 player frames released Jan 20. They are

three versions of 95......basically the 95 with 16X18 pattern same as ncode

95 with 18X20 pattern

95X which is the 16X18 pattern but one inch longer

TEAM which is NPS version a lot lighter with 18X20 pattern.

I'll bet my life everyone loves the 90.....very different from anything out there now.

thanks for the info..so from you, and others now, i am actually speculating that this new kfactor racquet could actually be the same exact racquet as federer uses, as in string pattern and racquet mold, just his may have customized weight without the lead tape on it

how'd you get your hands on the frames to hit with them? will they be released january 20 in the US?

LarougeNY
11-30-2006, 04:40 PM
is it worth waiting for if your already bent on buying one of the ncode frames. I mean, how much could they change the specs in an updated model.

agfedsamp
11-30-2006, 04:41 PM
thanks for the report

so the 90, whats the string pattern? and does it have 4 crosses on pws things....and wait...you said the handle is long like the ncode version or is it like feds?

thanks a lot for the info

TheSnowMan
11-30-2006, 04:44 PM
thanks for the report

so the 90, whats the string pattern? and does it have 4 crosses on pws things....and wait...you said the handle is long like the ncode version or is it like feds?

thanks a lot for the info

From a picture from the other thread, you could tell that there were four strings on the PWS and there is a shorter pallet/grip, just like Federer's.

is it worth waiting for if your already bent on buying one of the ncode frames. I mean, how much could they change the specs in an updated model.

The specs are the same, but I don't know about the flex.

EDIT: People should stop making so many threads regarding the new Wilson rackets, just do a search and post it in one of the other threads.

WhiteSox05CA
11-30-2006, 06:14 PM
What's the stiffness of the 95's

Check out the original K-Factor thread to find out the specs of each.

How did you demo these rackets "cantstopme?" And how would you compare the 95 (16x18) to the nSix-One?
________
SusanASS cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SusanASS)

Rafa's best friend
11-30-2006, 06:26 PM
I bet rafa's best friend will be ecstatic about the extra long 95.

It looks as though the ex long 95 will have a Heavy swingweight. My perfect swingweight is about 310-323....:grin:

Night
11-30-2006, 06:28 PM
I like tennis.

Tour90
11-30-2006, 06:31 PM
What's the stiffness of the 95's

Check out the original K-Factor thread to find out the specs of each.

How did you demo these rackets "cantstopme?" And how would you compare the 95 (16x18) to the nSix-One?

he probably works for a a tennis shop or something like it and the wilson reps come in with it and schedule a hitting session.

looseswing
11-30-2006, 08:06 PM
So does this mean that TW will have them in on Jan. 20? Do you think we will be able to preorder, because this frame will probably have a huge demand.

BreakPoint
11-30-2006, 08:30 PM

Thanks for the great report! :D

BTW, you mean a shorter pallet, not "longer pallet", right? The pallet in the handle under the grip.

BTW2, if you don't mind me asking but how did you get your hands on them so early?

VGP
11-30-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm sure that K-factor 90 is a good racket......but I really, really, really can't get past the paintjob.

BreakPoint
11-30-2006, 08:34 PM
the 6.0 90 everyone is looking for isn't exactly flexy....the 6.0 85 is not really stiff (66 flex), so a flexier version of the n6.1 tour 90 would actually shy away from the "6.0 90" in terms of specs...however, it would be interesting to see how it feels and plays given the n6.1 tour 90 isn't really the traditional midsize player's frame
Actually, although both the PS 6.0 85 and nSix-One Tour are both rated at 66 for stiffness, the PS 6.0 85 actually plays more flexy due to a flexier hoop (no HyperCarbon in there :D ). Thus, a "flexier version of the nSix-One Tour" would indeed be closer to the original PS 6.0 85 or the phantom, highly requested PS 6.0 90. :D

SFrazeur
11-30-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm sure that K-factor 90 is a good racket......but I really, really, really can't get past the paintjob.

I know waht you mean. If I like the open string pattern I'll get two racquets, and I'll paint at lest one of them. The Tour 90 was a racquet of beauty, the N90 was forgivable, but this one, eeh...

BreakPoint
11-30-2006, 08:37 PM
I like what I hear. Did they seem to have that muted nCode feel to them?
Yes, I'd like to know that, too. Did the K-Factor 90 feel as muted as the nCode 90 or did it have more raw feel like the PS 6.0 85/95?

SFrazeur
11-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Actually, although both the PS 6.0 85 and nSix-One Tour are both rated at 66 for stiffness, the PS 6.0 85 actually plays more flexy due to a flexier hoop (no HyperCarbon in there :D ). Thus, a "flexier version of the nSix-One Tour" would indeed be closer to the original PS 6.0 85 or the phantom, highly requested PS 6.0 90. :D

Remember though, the earlier PS 85 were indeed stiffer, closer to 68-70.

BreakPoint
11-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Who cares what the paintjob looks like if it makes you play exactly like Federer? ;) LOL

BreakPoint
11-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Remember though, the earlier PS 85 were indeed stiffer, closer to 68-70.
But even the older ones felt flexier to me than the nCode 90 does.

The nCode 90 is indeed flexier than the PS Tour 90, but the PS Tour 90 was much stiffer than the PS 6.0 85 IMHO.

SFrazeur
11-30-2006, 08:42 PM
But even the older ones felt flexier to me than the nCode 90 does.

The nCode 90 is indeed flexier than the PS Tour 90, but the PS Tour 90 was much stiffer than the PS 6.0 85 IMHO.

I know that feeling you are talking about, though.

snoflewis
11-30-2006, 08:56 PM

like i said, in terms of specs...they're stiff...but i agree, they don't feel as stiff as say the n6.1 tour 90...

jakshemash
11-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Please can you give a short playtest review on the K-six 1 Tour 90?

proracketeer
11-30-2006, 11:10 PM
K-Factor 90 VS Aerogel 100 !!!

anirut
11-30-2006, 11:55 PM
K-Factor 90 VS Aerogel 100 !!!

I like the Dunlop feel, but at 330 grams strung it's just a bit too light for a "top-of-the-line" frame. And what'd be the strung weight of the K?

tennisguy2121
12-01-2006, 12:00 AM
I will likely see the new wilson racquets in the morning, if so ill let ya guys no if there is any new info.

BreakPoint
12-01-2006, 12:57 AM
And what'd be the strung weight of the K?
Probably the same as the nCode 90 or 12.5 oz. to 13.0 oz. depending on how the QC folks in the Wilson factory were feeling the day your racquet was made. ;) LOL

jakshemash
12-01-2006, 04:45 AM
Breakpoint. Can you please descirbe what you mean by the feel of the Pro staff original. How does it feel.

BY the way as 'Borat' would say ... 'Jakshemash'.

cantstopme
12-01-2006, 05:20 AM
I got the chance to hit because I am the manager and head pro of an indoor tennis facility. The Wilson rep told me this frame was exact rep of Fed's...he also for the first time addmitted that the current ncode 90 obviousley is not. I have no idea if the weight...balance.....all that other stuff is same as fed's, but this one lookis identical with the longer throat or whatever it is called

I cant really say I play tested it. The Wilson rep brought all four frames and I had like 30 minutes. I myself play with the 90 so I spent about 20 minutes with that. It is different, mark my words. Felt a bit muted like the ncodes but my racket history includes wood.....ps 85 and now the tour 90 lines...i fell in love with this model and I will stock up on frames.

The interesting thing is I asked what Kfactor tech was and he said Wilson isn't telling even the reps what the technology acctualy is untill Fed debuts at Austrailian open. I have pictures from wilson add but I don't have a scanner. it has all of the specs, i'll see what I can do.

sypl
12-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Man, wouldn't it be embarrassing for Wilson if Federer fell in the first round of the AO? Talk about a way to kill a multi-million dollar advertising campaign dead.

SFrazeur
12-01-2006, 06:18 AM
Man, wouldn't it be embarrassing for Wilson if Federer fell in the first round of the AO? Talk about a way to kill a multi-million dollar advertising campaign dead.

I think they will "risk" it.

jmk2888
12-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Do you think that Wilson will make an Asian version and a U.S. version with different weight ?

SFrazeur
12-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Do you think that Wilson will make an Asian version and a U.S. version with different weight ?

As for the Asian version, they have made them for the Tour 90 and N90, so I would assume yes.

alan-n
12-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Hmm, I'm not sold on the muted feel of racquets. I've always thought if I wanted a more muted feel, I would use a cushioned synthetic grip or a thick large dampener.

Currently all I use is an extremely thin rubber band tied to simply get rid of the high pitch ping.. but you can still hear some of the ping and feel the brushing from the string bed. I'll stick with the original tour 90's unless the open string bed is does magic for my strokes (doubt it), but I'll give it a good test when its avail....

Just can't get past the paint job. If I were to own one, paint remover, primer, gloss coat, clear coat would be in order.

BreakPoint
12-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Breakpoint. Can you please descirbe what you mean by the feel of the Pro staff original. How does it feel.

BY the way as 'Borat' would say ... 'Jakshemash'.

It's really hard to describe since it's not something that you can feel in today's modern racquets. You need to know what "old school" feel means. If you've played with graphite racquets from the '80's then you should know what that means. It's this solid, non-tinny, non-hollow, low vibration, crisp, raw feel otherwise described by most as "sweet". :D

You really have to hit with one to really understand what all that means.

Keifers
12-01-2006, 05:18 PM
I went to a local tennis shop today and had a look at 3 of the KSIXONE racquets -- the Tour, the 95 (16x18 ) and the Team. All were unstrung. The Tour comes in a matte finish; the other two are glossy. Side by side, the glossy finish looked better to my eye -- it "pops" more, by quite a bit actually.

The Tour's leather grip looks red in the photos but is actually a very reddish orange.

BreakPoint
12-01-2006, 08:10 PM
I went to a local tennis shop today and had a look at 3 of the KSIXONE racquets -- the Tour, the 95 (16x18 ) and the Team. All were unstrung. The Tour comes in a matte finish; the other two are glossy. Side by side, the glossy finish looked better to my eye -- it "pops" more, by quite a bit actually.

The Tour's leather grip looks red in the photos but is actually a very reddish orange.
Keifers,
Would that "local" tennis shop happen to be the one that starts with an "S" and ends with an "a" in MV?

BTW, did the Tour look as bad in person as it does in the photos so far?

sureshs
12-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Keifers,
Would that "local" tennis shop happen to be the one that starts with an "S" and ends with an "a" in MV?

You really want to know which shop, don't you :-) In 2 threads, too.

tennisguy2121
12-01-2006, 08:36 PM
I got the chance to hit because I am the manager and head pro of an indoor tennis facility. The Wilson rep told me this frame was exact rep of Fed's...he also for the first time addmitted that the current ncode 90 obviousley is not. I have no idea if the weight...balance.....all that other stuff is same as fed's, but this one lookis identical with the longer throat or whatever it is called

I cant really say I play tested it. The Wilson rep brought all four frames and I had like 30 minutes. I myself play with the 90 so I spent about 20 minutes with that. It is different, mark my words. Felt a bit muted like the ncodes but my racket history includes wood.....ps 85 and now the tour 90 lines...i fell in love with this model and I will stock up on frames.

The interesting thing is I asked what Kfactor tech was and he said Wilson isn't telling even the reps what the technology acctualy is untill Fed debuts at Austrailian open. I have pictures from wilson add but I don't have a scanner. it has all of the specs, i'll see what I can do.

We were actually told the same thing about the technology in the racquets. And I personally dont mind the paint job, then again i kinda like the rds001 paintjob that alot of people dont like haha. I wish they woulda made the 18x20 in an extended version too.

TheSnowMan
12-01-2006, 08:46 PM

Which tennis shop has these rackets in stock?!!??!

Keifers
12-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Keifers,

BP,
Well, it starts with an S but ends with an 's in MV... Yes, that's the one.

Keifers
12-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Which tennis shop has these rackets in stock?!!??!
Not in stock, SnowMan... Just advanced copies.

Keifers
12-01-2006, 09:18 PM
Keifers,
Well, it was going to be difficult to come up with a successor pj to the nCode Tour, which I consider to be a real classic.

I do think the Tour would look better with a glossy finish, especially given it has more flat surfaces than the 95s. And I would like the Circle K's at 3:00 and 9:00 to be in chrome silver, as on the Team, instead of black.

As it is, the Tour just looks a bit dull. Maybe a coat of high-quality Carnauba wax?...

Having said all that, I'm very grateful to Wilson for the Fed-type grommet spacing at 3:00 and 9:00, and for the Fed-like shorter pallets/grip length. And if this thing plays like the PS 6.0 90 we've been praying and begging for (and which you, BP, recommended to Wilson), the cosmetics won't be that important at all, to me at least.

SFrazeur
12-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I do think the Tour would look better with a glossy finish, especially given it has more flat surfaces than the 95s. And I would like the Circle K's at 3:00 and 9:00 to be in chrome silver, as on the Team, instead of black.

Actually I think that's just glare reflecting off the image, all (K)'s @ 3&9 seem to be black on all the frames. But yes, silver/chrome would look better.

BreakPoint
12-01-2006, 09:41 PM
You really want to know which shop, don't you :-) In 2 threads, too.
I saw Keifer's post first, then saw psamp14's. Maybe they saw them at two different shops? And who knows who will check which thread over the next few days?

BTW, I was also at a pro shop today and the guy there had seen the K-Factor racquets from the Wilson rep but did not have them there. :(

BreakPoint
12-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks, Keifers! :D

Do you know if they're going to have it there for long (the "S" shop in MV)?

Yes, let's hope it plays close to the PS 6.0 90. If it does, I guess you guys can all thank me for hounding Wilson for this for years. ;)

jakshemash
12-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Was everyone impressed by the painjob of the ncode tour 90 when they first saw it or did it take time for it to grow on them, because the same could be applied to the new k-factor?

I personally loved the ncode 90 design and was disappointed when i saw the new one but over the last few weeks it has grown on me.

Jakshemash

BluDiamond
12-01-2006, 11:05 PM
any pics of them??

Duzza
12-01-2006, 11:07 PM
I would buy it because of the specs and the hype, not any paintjob will stop me.

anirut
12-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Duzza,

If possible, could you try to spot a KTour90 in Australia for me? And if you're in Melbourne that'd be really great.

My customer from Melbourne will be in BKK sometime in late Jan or early Feb. I may have to ask you to pass one through him for me.

Please let me know the possibilities. Thanks.

Punisha
12-02-2006, 12:17 AM
*booking demo now*

Duzza
12-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Duzza,

If possible, could you try to spot a KTour90 in Australia for me? And if you're in Melbourne that'd be really great.

My customer from Melbourne will be in BKK sometime in late Jan or early Feb. I may have to ask you to pass one through him for me.

Please let me know the possibilities. Thanks.

Spot one as in....take a photo or buy one? I heard they're coming out January 22nd in the middle of the Aus Open....I'm going the Second night and maybe late 2nd week for the day..

anirut
12-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Spot one as in....take a photo or buy one? I heard they're coming out January 22nd in the middle of the Aus Open....I'm going the Second night and maybe late 2nd week for the day..

Buy one, of course.

Please let me know if that's possible.

Duzza
12-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Buy one, of course.

Please let me know if that's possible.
mmm... I mightbe able to do something about it. What is the release gap between Australia and Bangkok/Rest of the World? Here is what I will do. If they are there on show I will buy one. If you want it I'll give it to ya but if not I will keep it :D

anirut
12-02-2006, 12:57 AM
Of course I want it! I'll ask my customer about the possibility of you making contact with him. He's in BKK now and will be again at the time I mentioned.

And release date in BKK? Forget it. I met a Wilson rep today and he was such as *****hole. I asked him something like "When's the new K coming? We're talking about it on the net. The ba$**** said "Whatever you hear on the net are all lies. (Pointing to the nCode90) This is the latest, man. Just don't belive the net. I'm a rep and I can tell you that."

(Sure, he was telling me about himself that he's one absolute case of stupidity.)

Duzza
12-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Of course I want it! I'll ask my customer about the possibility of you making contact with him. He's in BKK now and will be again at the time I mentioned.

And release date in BKK? Forget it. I met a Wilson rep today and he was such as *****hole. I asked him something like "When's the new K coming? We're talking about it on the net. The ba$**** said "Whatever you hear on the net are all lies. (Pointing to the nCode90) This is the latest, man. Just don't belive the net. I'm a rep and I can tell you that."

(Sure, he was telling me about himself that he's one absolute case of stupidity.)
Haha that is harsh! Shoulda shown him pictures. Do you own a store or something? Well when the date nears AO I'll email you or something.

anirut
12-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Haha that is harsh! Shoulda shown him pictures. Do you own a store or something? Well when the date nears AO I'll email you or something.

Thanks, Duzza. Just email me when the AO is near.

Nah, I don't own a store. I just went to the racket department of a department store that I frequent and that guy just happened to have been there.

aznspongehead
12-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Wait, these rackets are released in Australia first? Jan 22nd? When will they be availiable from TW/in Los Angles? I want to try hitting with one...

dirkgnuf
12-02-2006, 07:38 PM
anirut i feel your pain, those BKK tennis department places aren't too impressive sometimes

anirut
12-02-2006, 07:44 PM
anirut i feel your pain, those BKK tennis department places aren't too impressive sometimes

Dirk, you're in BKK?

dirkgnuf
12-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Actually, I live in the States, but my parents and I visit there every year(family is from there)

WhiteSox05CA
12-07-2006, 06:47 PM
So what's the lowdown on the kSix-One 95? (besides Craig Clark's review)

Any new pics??

anirut
12-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Actually, I live in the States, but my parents and I visit there every year(family is from there)

When's your next trip, then? May be we can keep in touch.

dirkgnuf
12-11-2006, 03:35 PM
I'll keep that in mind anirut, Thanks

anirut
12-11-2006, 03:43 PM
I'll keep that in mind anirut, Thanks

You're welcome! But do keep in touch!

BounceHitBounceHit
12-11-2006, 04:23 PM

Agreed.

And (apparently) the K90 MEASURES at 67 on the RDC (in contrast to the 6.0 85's 66) but plays/feels more like 62 (kinda like the 6.0 85, eh?).

;)

CC

alu16L
12-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Agreed.

And (apparently) the K90 MEASURES at 67 on the RDC (in contrast to the 6.0 85's 66) but plays/feels more like 62 (kinda like the 6.0 85, eh?).

;)

CC

I agree with Craig

RoarTT
01-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Whoa, a whole inch longer? Don't see too many 28 inch frames nowadays...

And you wont see one this time either, as you can see from this picture, 27.5 :)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/RoarTT/kfactor.jpg

RoarTT
01-10-2007, 06:33 AM
But when will kfactor be available?

alu16L
01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
woah, a 95X thats one inch longer. sounds strange.

It does sounds stragne because it is not 1 inch long.

k6.1 95X is 27.5 inches long