PDA

View Full Version : Any way to open Yonex buttcaps?

Duzza
11-30-2006, 11:33 PM
Specifically RDX 500's...just for future reference that's all..

Duzza
12-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Hump de bump..

donnygg
12-01-2006, 02:32 AM
mine's wrapped in heat sleeve so i can't see how the butt cap is attached to the racquet. but i have removed the butt cap from my power rd-10 b4 and it doesn't require rocket science. remove grip, remove staple, viola! any particular difficulty u've encountered with rdx500?

Duzza
12-01-2006, 02:47 AM
mine's wrapped in heat sleeve so i can't see how the butt cap is attached to the racquet. but i have removed the butt cap from my power rd-10 b4 and it doesn't require rocket science. remove grip, remove staple, viola! any particular difficulty u've encountered with rdx500?

Oh right oh well that sounds promising. When my Leather Grips arrive I'll be replacing the synthetic so I'll check then. Is it hard to restaple pallets?

Athans87
12-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Oh right oh well that sounds promising. When my Leather Grips arrive I'll be replacing the synthetic so I'll check then. Is it hard to restaple pallets?

Nah, it's not hard to restaple the buttcap to the pallet. Just make sure that you use a solid staple instead of the thin ones you would use for paper, otherwise you will have a weak attachment and you may feel the staple through the grip (prob. not with leather though).

bertrevert
12-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Prise the staple out carefully enough with a small screwdriver and when you put the buttcap back on you can usually line up and reinsert the staple into the existing staple holes with a last light tap from a hammer.

PS. I've pulled the plastic Yonex logo off the bottom of the buttcap and can say that there is nothing doing there, it is just glued on so just leave it be.

donnygg
12-01-2006, 03:03 AM
[QUOTE=bertrevert;1095849]Prise the staple out carefully enough with a small screwdriver and when you put the buttcap back on you can usually line up and reinsert the staple into the existing staple holes with a last light tap from a hammer.
QUOTE]

exactly what i did too ;)

Askmeo88
12-01-2006, 04:32 AM
I've found that underneath the buttcap, Yonex handles tend to be filled with foam or something - that is, you couldn't put anything (like lead) in there anyways. Has anyone else noticed this?

noahsan
12-02-2006, 09:16 AM
The RDX 500mid is filled with some foam stuff. I had a piece of a grommet get caught inside when I was changing the set I removed the butt cap and was able to shake it out.

SFrazeur
12-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Nah, it's not hard to restaple the buttcap to the pallet. Just make sure that you use a solid staple instead of the thin ones you would use for paper, otherwise you will have a weak attachment and you may feel the staple through the grip (prob. not with leather though).

That is what I do as well.