PDA

View Full Version : Does anywone here use ????????????

kleo
08-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Does anywone here use Semi western forhand grip for one handed backhand stroke.
I tried and it is much easier (to perform topspin or flat stroke) than eastern or extreme eastern backhand grip.

Thanks in forward !

Power Game
08-16-2004, 12:01 PM
If you been by using the same side of the racquet for forehands and backhands then yes, when I had a 1 hander

kleo
08-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks man !

Chanchai
08-18-2004, 12:32 AM
I mostly use the loose-eastern and true-eastern backhand grips (they're mainly different by the angle I hold the racquet). However, I use the semi-western backhand a good amount of time.

I mostly use the semi-western backhand grip when I'm going for a lot of topspin and specifically when I want to angle a ball in or maybe go for a topspin lob (though I'm almost as effective hitting a topspin lob with the variations of the eastern grips and the continental anyhow). Almost everytime I want to hit a backhand when really close to the net, I use this grip and shot--it's been very good to me. I also use the semi-western backhand on balls very high on my strikezone and I don't have the time to setup how I like for high one-handed backhands (if I have time, I like going for a more closed stance on higher backhands).

So to answer your question... Count me as another person that uses the semi-western backhand grip, but only like 10-20% of the time. And yes, it ends up as the same exact grip as the semi-western forehand, and you are essentially hitting with the same side of the frame. But to be honest, I still rotate to it because I always use the continental as my neutral-pre-preparation grip.

-Chanchai