PDA

View Full Version : Wilson "shell" racket

maynardsson55
12-01-2006, 08:26 PM
I got an interesting Wilson nsix-one team racket from the Wilson rep in my area who has become a pretty cool friend. Here we go. It is the same mold as a nPS 95 with the same exact 18x20 string pattern. BUT, its weight on the throat is 9.5 ounces and the balance reads "__pts HL". My Hypothesis is this is a "shell" racket that pros switching to Wilson can tell the experts in the Wilson Pro Room to customize for them. I added a lot of weight just to play around and hit with it. Has a nice flex as well. Asked the rep what it was as he sent me a "suprise to feed my sickness". All he said, and he is very honest about things, was it was a prototype made for some college players that wasn't available to the public. He is a salesman and not a racket tech, so I think he is telling me all he knows, which might not be much in the way of rackets for pros. Does anyone know of any such frames in "pro rooms" of racket companies? Paint job is same as other nsix-one 95s but says team on it. It is NOT the Euro version of the nPS 95, I know that. Anyway, have at it.

thomas martinez
12-02-2006, 06:55 AM
No, frames out of the pro room do give the weight and such of them on the frame.

maynardsson55
12-02-2006, 07:56 AM
thanks, wonder what it is, then?

gonzalocatalino
12-02-2006, 08:34 AM
could be probably the asian team version??
i think that those light 6.1s are even balanced and pretty light (like the nps). Are a little flexible than the heavy versions, but no has flexier than the nps...

Doriancito (tt forum member) has 2 of them i think...

Voltron
12-02-2006, 08:54 AM
could be probably the asian team version??
i think that those light 6.1s are even balanced and pretty light (like the nps). Are a little flexible than the heavy versions, but no has flexier than the nps...

Doriancito (tt forum member) has 2 of them i think...

Hmm, thats a good point, could it be a PJd racquet?

gonzalocatalino
12-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Hmm, thats a good point, could it be a PJd racquet?

no no, no PJd racquet at all. This racquets were been offered on E-bay time ago, they are ORIGINAL frames, not fakes at all. Are almost identical than the std. sixones, but lighter and with 18x20 string pattern.

i was looking for an old thread from Doriancito, where he has posted some pics of the racquets, but i cant find it...:(

Voltron
12-02-2006, 09:37 AM
no no, no PJd racquet at all. This racquets were been offered on E-bay time ago, they are ORIGINAL frames, not fakes at all. Are almost identical than the std. sixones, but lighter and with 18x20 string pattern.

i was looking for an old thread from Doriancito, where he has posted some pics of the racquets, but i cant find it...:(

Thanks for explaining that.

gonzalocatalino
12-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks for explaining that.

cant find the pics, but i found this thread:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=81000&highlight=6.1+team

gonzalocatalino
12-02-2006, 09:49 AM
i read again the first post, and i´ve noticed that may*****son55 is talking about a totally different frame, that weights 9.5oz unstrung....
Has he says, this racquet was some kind of prototype, not a commercial frame i guess

damasta55
12-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I think thats the team version of the6.1. It is offered in alot of places except the us.

maynardsson55
12-02-2006, 11:55 AM
That is not it. It is not the asian team, it is 10.2 unstrung

nickb
12-02-2006, 12:02 PM
In the UK we have an ncode six-one team which is 289 grams unstrung, dont know what that is in ounces.

Nick