PDA

View Full Version : Yonex RDX 500 feedback

JWC
08-14-2004, 06:51 PM
People seem to love this frame and I was wondering how it plays compared to some of the other most highly acclaimed racquets specifically the LM prestige and the nCode 90. I am particularly interested in the MP version of the RDX 500.

I am a 4.5 all-courter with a big serve ( that I would love to make even bigger) and nice ground game curretnly playing with a LM Prestige mid. I love my prestige but want something more forgiving and with better spin but with the same control.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Would you recommend this frame for me? I've never hit with Yonex.

Thanks

ian5
08-14-2004, 08:07 PM
The Yonex is no where near the racket the LM Prestige is. I would suggest trying the LM Prestige MP instead of the mid. It has a large sweet spot and generates good spin. Many times when you switch to a open pattern from a closed one, you get more spin but your balls land much shorter and you end up getting killed on your short balls.

JWC
08-14-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks Ian for the feedback. I realy enjoy the Head line. Do you think the RDX 500 would be better with some lead? I think the Prestige line is argueably the best line in tennis history. I am thinking about even going to the PC 600? What are your thoughts.

I want the best racquet to compliment my big serve / precision game.

BreakPoint
08-14-2004, 11:20 PM
You may also want to try the RDX 500 Mid. I liked it better than the LM Prestige Mid which I liked better than the LM Prestige MP. The RDX 500 Mid is one of the most solid racquets I've hit with in recent memory. However, I'm not sure you'll be able to serve bigger with it than the LM Prestige Mid, which I could serve huge bombs with. BTW, IMHO the LM Prestige Mid is so much better than the MP that it makes the MP feel like a toy in comparison.

JWC
08-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Breakpoint,

Did you try the RDX MP and the mid? If so can you compare these two. The TW review seemed to favor teh MP.

BreakPoint
08-15-2004, 12:46 AM
I tried the HD which has the same headsize as the MP but I did not try the regular MP. I thought the Mid was far superior to the HD. I also prefer racquets that are 90 to 95 sq. in. I doubt the MP will feel as solid as the Mid, though. Smaller headsizes also make racquets more maneuverable.

BTW, I'm not sure TW's review liked the MP over the Mid. If you look at the overall score, they gave the Mid an 80 but the MP only a 79. They also rated the Mid an 81 for control but the MP only got a 78 for control.

BLiND
08-16-2004, 07:16 AM
I had the 500 MP, and switched to an i.Prestige MP... much more control, and solid feel... the 500 MP is quite a powerful racket.

I've not tried the 500 HD, or Mid, but I'd assume they are better than the MP.