PDA

View Full Version : Wilson ncode tour 90. Pretty powerful racket?

erap
12-03-2006, 08:15 AM
hmmmm im having trouble handling my wilson ncode tour 90. Its somewhat has the power of a babolat idk? u guys experiencing any problems like dis?

psamp14
12-03-2006, 08:43 AM
the frame itself is not a made for power...its a very much control oriented racquet, so the amount of power comes pretty much from the player

maybe a lower tension, some added weight, and a full swing and proper timing are some things which would put some power on your shot

i dont experience any "problems" such as what you describe...

erap
12-03-2006, 08:44 AM
ah ok! i do get a full swing! but its ok thanks!

dewey2110
12-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I've experienced the same thing and I opened a thread about this too...It is quite powerful for a players racquet, but nothing like the Pure Drive tho. I had no trouble keeping balls in.

snoflewis
12-03-2006, 11:23 AM
hmmmm im having trouble handling my wilson ncode tour 90. Its somewhat has the power of a babolat idk? u guys experiencing any problems like dis?

from my experience w/ the n6.1 tour 90 w/ 3 different string setups, it's by no means as powerful as a Pure Drive..but it's definitely one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) midsize racket out today...

Tius
12-03-2006, 09:43 PM
are you talking about handling as in maneuverability or as in just hitting with pace? if its maneuverability, the raquet is fairly heavy so that's just how it plays. you'll get used to it the more you play with it. if its power as in pace, i think everybody touched on all points in that its one of the more powerful midsized raquets.