PDA

View Full Version : Fischer pro tour ft>

Flexxed
12-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I'm thinking of trying this racquet because they are selling really cheap at a local shop. Can you guys comment on this racquet for me? My normal racquet is a prostaff 6.1 classic. Thanks

also I've read that the grip is very square (i didn't get to hold one in my hand)
Is it at all like the grip shape of a 4 1/4 wilson grip? I ask because I bought a used 6.1 classic in this grip size intending to built it up to 4 3/8 but the shape of the 4 1/4 grip was much more square than the normal 4 3/8 wilson grip

Flexxed
12-03-2006, 03:17 PM
please help me out, any comments are helpful

i did a search and it gave me every thread with the word pro or tour in it

jmsx521
12-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Pro Tour Extreme FT: If you are a smooth, clean and precise striker you may find the racket good for you. If you are rough, fierce ball-striker with twisted swings and hit lots of topspin, the racket may not be good for you. It doesn't feel like a player's racket... it gives you some extra power on the shots... yet, you with a 95 sq.in. head-size they can be controlled. If you can't supply your own power, it helps you out. The racket has FSS stability system on the 3 and 9 o'clock which stabilizes the racket when you hit the ball, especially in the sweet-spot. It does work for flat, steady straight-forward shots with classic continental & eastern grip. However it also interferes when you want to hit top-spin with western and Hawaiian grips... because the FSS is trying to stabilize your shots, make it a clean shot... and extreme topspins are not clean shots. Because of the FSS I have problems being comfortable hitting heavy topspin. Or else, it could be because of the small-sweet spot. But also I can hit smooth and flat shots, so for that style of play I do like the racket.

Backhands: I hit with both 1 and 2HBH, flat and top-spin. I have problems biting the ball with spinned 1 and 2HBHs. It could be me, the small sweet-spot, the small 95 sq.in. head-size, or the FSS trying to stabilize the shot. Clean flat 1 and 2 HBHs are nice to hit.

Forehands: Flat and smooth feel very nice. Topspin are harder, but still easier to hit than the ones on the backhand side. You can get a lot of power on the forehand side.

Serves: Amazing pop on the serve because of the 27.4 inch length, the ball can explode! It doesn't feel like a players' racket... it explodes like if you're serving with a Babolat PD. You can swing the racket fast because of the 95 sq.in. face too... faster than let's say the 100 sq.in. of the PD, even though the PD is shorter than the Fischer. On the serve, the accuracy is that of a 95 sq.in... you feel like you can place the ball wherever you want: more control on the serves than let's say with a PD (again).

Volleys: I am not good at that, so I can't comment.

http://www.fischer-ski.com/en/

Flexxed
12-03-2006, 05:04 PM
Is the extreme very similar to the regular pro tour ft?
thanks for your comments, I will also try out the extreme

jmsx521
12-03-2006, 06:01 PM
There are several kinds. Go to TW's biggest competitor site (I am not allowed to spell the name here... begins with Hola)... they have them there... the yellow & red, which I was describing and the red & black, which was the older model version; both have a "FT" in the name and both are 27.4" long. The red & black is 98 sq.in though, while the black & yellow, which I described is 95sq.in. If you have a 2-hander, the red and black might be better for you. If you have one-hander, the black and yellow maybe better for you. The black and red (older model) is cheaper.

frekcles
12-03-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm thinking of trying this racquet because they are selling really cheap at a local shop. Can you guys comment on this racquet for me? My normal racquet is a prostaff 6.1 classic. Thanks

also I've read that the grip is very square (i didn't get to hold one in my hand)
Is it at all like the grip shape of a 4 1/4 wilson grip? I ask because I bought a used 6.1 classic in this grip size intending to built it up to 4 3/8 but the shape of the 4 1/4 grip was much more square than the normal 4 3/8 wilson grip

Very nice racquet. Search the archives as there are a lot of praises for this frame. I think NBMJ has a very good review on it too. It's been suggested to string it with a soft string at lower than 60 pounds to open up the sweet spot. I have two myself. One is strung with PPP at 58 pounds. The other is strung with regular synthetic gut. I'm planning to try a soft string on it one of these days. The grip is square(ish). I suggest you get a smaller one than what you normally use.

Oh I forgot. It's 27.4" long so you might have a little adjustment period if you are used to the PS 6.1. However it does not swing like an extended lenth racquet.

Good luck.

frekcles
12-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Is the extreme very similar to the regular pro tour ft?
thanks for your comments, I will also try out the extreme

Yes. The Regular Pro Tour FT hits better than the Extreme. I think the Extreme has a smaller sweet spot than the Regular FT.

Flexxed
12-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Actually I just forgot to mention that I use the 6.1 stretch which was cut down to 27.5 in (normally 28).

have you either of you played with the 6.1's? would you say the sweetspot on the 6.1's are bigger than the pro tour ft or about the same? I've read that fischers have small sweetspots but there's an extra 3 sq inches compared to the 6.1 and I plan to add lead because the swing weight seems a bit low.

freckles, hows the pro tour ft with ppp? I haven't used a nylon or gut string in many years and don't plan on doing so anytime soon. Does it make the sweetspot feel small?

frekcles
12-03-2006, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=Flexxed;1099571
freckles, hows the pro tour ft with ppp? I haven't used a nylon or gut string in many years and don't plan on doing so anytime soon. Does it make the sweetspot feel small?[/QUOTE]

The sweet spot is small(ish) but since the PPP is sort of a soft poly it's not a harsh hit if you mishit. I think I'll experiment with a different tension but retain the PPP.

Flexxed
12-03-2006, 09:24 PM
thank you very much frekcles,

nvm

fuzz nation
12-03-2006, 09:33 PM
I've used the Prostaff 6.1 classic 27'' frame for years and demoed the Fischer Pro Tour FT last year. It played lighter than my Prostaff, but the sweetspot was a spot well named! It was so nice that I've become chronically "Fischer curious" and if I find a cheap one, I'll probably grab it (also eyeing a $50 Pro No. 1). Since the head was a bit lighter than I like, I'm sure I'd want to throw some lead onto it for stability and to stretch the somewhat small sweetspot. Nice racquet; if you can demo it, you may fall in love.

Flexxed
12-04-2006, 09:18 AM
fuzz nation thanks for your response
did you think the sweetspot was larger than the 6.1 classic or smaller?

fuzz nation
12-08-2006, 05:52 PM
It felt as if the sweetspot on the Fischer was smaller just because the Prostaff has a little more mass to plow through the ball. Actually, the demo I tried may have been strung too tight--the demos I've tried have been routinely firm in the stringbed. I'd put lead on the Fischer at 3 and 9 o'clock on the head and also some on the handle to keep the balance in a head light direction.

javier sergio
04-18-2007, 12:59 PM

I'm interested in buying one Fischer Pro Tour Ft 4 3/8. Don't you know if they have any left at your local pro shop?

thanks, javiersergio@bellsouth.net

Flexxed
04-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey Javier Sergio, I posted in a different thread that I liked it so much, I bought the last few that were being sold at that store.

rocket
04-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Hey guys, where do you get fresh grommets?

fuzz nation
04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Grommet sets are listed in the TW site in the string section. Go to 'Tools and Supplies' and they're arranged by racquet brand.

rocket
04-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Grommet sets are listed in the TW site in the string section. Go to 'Tools and Supplies' and they're arranged by racquet brand.

Nope, I already searched, emailed & called. This is a discontinued model. Too bad, cuz I wanted to keep my pair for my off-days...

javier sergio
04-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey Javier Sergio, I posted in a different thread that I liked it so much, I bought the last few that were being sold at that store.
thanks, I bought three already but I wanted one more, thanks !!!

Chauvalito
04-21-2007, 05:15 PM
I have a red and clack version for sale in the FS/FT section...its been played with for less than 10 hours.

I personally did not like it at all, and it was not very kind to my elbow

Killer-Angle
04-02-2008, 12:27 PM
K95-X can be an alternative to this racket with which I played?