PDA

View Full Version : Head Flexpoint Radical Tour users? What string are you using?

AJK1
12-03-2006, 05:43 PM
I am playing around with my strings and am wondering what fellow Tour users are using and at what tension? Cheers.:D

AJK1
12-03-2006, 10:22 PM
***bump***

p3k
12-03-2006, 11:03 PM
I am currently using Pro's Pro Plus Power 1.28, which is a cheaper alternative to Poly-Plasma available in Europe for $20 for a reel, lasts almost 4 hours before it breaks, a little less tham SPPP. Other strings that play well this frame besides SPPP would be IMO Kirschbaum P2, Kirschbaum Competition, Topspin Cyberflash... I am stringing at 27/26kg for 1.28 or 1.30.

DarkSlayerX
12-04-2006, 02:28 AM
I have a question for the users of the FXP radical tour, do you guys get a lot of pop out of this racquet? Because im currently demoing 2 racquets (the FXP radical tour and the n6.1 95) and to me the radical tour is good but i hear this weird "pinging" noise no matter how hard i hit the ball

Ljubicic for number1
12-04-2006, 03:32 AM
I have a question for the users of the FXP radical tour, do you guys get a lot of pop out of this racquet? Because im currently demoing 2 racquets (the FXP radical tour and the n6.1 95) and to me the radical tour is good but i hear this weird "pinging" noise no matter how hard i hit the ball

Just needs a elastic band on it.

I use FXP 17 at 62lbs in mine. will be trying cyberflash in it when this string breaks.

p3k
12-04-2006, 04:18 AM

It has a lot of power, with Polys like Cyberflash 1.25 almost too much... I am using a classic Fischer dampener and the sound is gone. How would you compare these two, I have never played them at the same time, which one feels more maneuverable? And what about serving? FXP is fantastic from the baseline but my serve is struggling...

vinnier6
12-04-2006, 04:23 AM
i have used nxt tour, nxt, sensation and now made the big jump to sppp 1.28...i also have some wilson reaction i will try after the sppp...i used all of the multis listed at 62 and 63lbs which works great, i string it higher to take out some of the power...i just strung up the sppp at 58 and will play indoors tomorrow and let you guys know how i like it...

this will be my first experience with a poly, first impressions with just bouncing a ball off of the string bed is its stiffer for sure, but doesnt seem that much stiffer then sensation...but i am sure when i take a swing it will be a different story...looks cool in the racquet as its orange....

vinnier6
12-04-2006, 04:25 AM
lub, how is the fxp 17 working out in the rad tour??? is it the fxp or fxp power string....

i also use a rubberband for the ping which is non existant in my racquets....

KuertenRules
12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
... FXP is fantastic from the baseline but my serve is struggling...

I second that! My serve is not that good as it used to be... this stick requires a lot a effort and concentration and i was pretty much used to just toss the ball and hit it hard (all effects)... I'm working on it, but i feel like this frame is less powerful than any other Iíve ever tried to serve with and it drives me crazy, cause I love this racquet from baseline, at the net, nasty slice and everything...

Well, currently Iím using Prince Synthetic Gut Duraflex 16 at 62 lbs. Its snaps pretty quickly (open string pattern) but still last longer than any other synthetic gut... I donít like polys, because I lose the feel and most of them are harsh to the arm...

Any suggestions ?

wao
12-04-2006, 02:56 PM
I string mine with Tech NRG17 mains and ALU power rough crosses

Ljubicic for number1
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
lub, how is the fxp 17 working out in the rad tour??? is it the fxp or fxp power string....

i also use a rubberband for the ping which is non existant in my racquets....

Just the original FXP 17, it plays really nice in the tour, the only problem is it moves around quite a bit. I use cyberflash in my wilsons and will try that in the tour next. I have tried excel premium, babolat razor spin & SPPP so far and the FXP is the pick of that bunch.

alcap26
12-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Wilson NXT Max 15 in one and Head FXP 16 in the other. I think I prefer the NXT better. All at 62lbs. I do use string locks due to the open pattern to keep the strings from moving so much.

vinnier6
12-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Just the original FXP 17, it plays really nice in the tour, the only problem is it moves around quite a bit. I use cyberflash in my wilsons and will try that in the tour next. I have tried excel premium, babolat razor spin & SPPP so far and the FXP is the pick of that bunch.
how did the sppp work in the tour...i have it in mine right now at 58lbs, but have not played it yet...i think i will tomorrow at my indoor courts...

what tension are you using the fxp at and what tension did you try the sppp at...i dont like string movement, so i am really trying to find something with little string movement...i have some wilson reaction i am going to try next....

Ljubicic for number1
12-05-2006, 05:20 AM
how did the sppp work in the tour...i have it in mine right now at 58lbs, but have not played it yet...i think i will tomorrow at my indoor courts...

what tension are you using the fxp at and what tension did you try the sppp at...i dont like string movement, so i am really trying to find something with little string movement...i have some wilson reaction i am going to try next....

To tell you the truth its the worst string I ever tried in this frame, think I tried it around the 58lbs mark and just hated its dead feeling, I also tried it as a hybrid with FXP in the crosses and that didnt work either.

I think cyberflash will work for you as its a much nicer string than SPPP and doesnt move at all.

I sting the FXP at 62lbs.

AJK1
12-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks for all the input guys! I've been using FXP and am pretty happy with it. Who makes Cyberflash? Sounds like a string worth trying.

Ljubicic for number1
12-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the input guys! I've been using FXP and am pretty happy with it. Who makes Cyberflash? Sounds like a string worth trying.

Cyber is made by TOPSPIN

Ljubicic for number1
12-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Ok guys curiosity got the better of me and I cut out my reasonable fresh FXP job and strung it up with CYBERFLASH I will test it over the coming weekend and let you know how it goes.

John.

AJK1
12-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah, i'd love to know your thoughts!

Ljubicic for number1
12-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Yeah, i'd love to know your thoughts!

Ok I ended up getting to the court for a hour or so tonight and it looks like I went to tight on the string job. I strung it at 62lbs and it was severly under powered, although it sounded great and made heaps of topspin. I will waste some more money and cut it out and try 55 or 56lbs.

p3k
12-07-2006, 02:12 AM
Ok I ended up getting to the court for a hour or so tonight and it looks like I went to tight on the string job. I strung it at 62lbs and it was severly under powered, although it sounded great and made heaps of topspin. I will waste some more money and cut it out and try 55 or 56lbs.

62? should be around 28kg... I used to strung CyberFlash 1.25mm at 27.5kg mains/26.5 crosses so around 60/58.5lbs but that was in summer, hot conditions made this setup a little bit more powerful than I am used to. It played great freshly strung but than lost some of its tension. Very good string overall.

Adam_B
12-07-2006, 02:30 AM
Ljubicic for number1, I've seen in some previous thread that you were playing the fxp alongside the n6.1. Did you eventually settle for the head fxp? May I ask you for some thoughts concerning stability and access to spin compraed to n6.1? Regards adam

Ljubicic for number1
12-07-2006, 01:43 PM
P3k, I am very familiar with the cyberflash in other racquets I just havent tried it the radical before, I have found with all other racquets that I have to string it as tight or tighter than the multi, but this is not the case with the FXP tour. it plays ok but wears you out real quick as it takes alot of effort to keep your shots deep.

Ljubicic for number1
12-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Ljubicic for number1, I've seen in some previous thread that you were playing the fxp alongside the n6.1. Did you eventually settle for the head fxp? May I ask you for some thoughts concerning stability and access to spin compraed to n6.1? Regards adam

Hi Adam, yes I still play it along side my Wilsons. When my game is going well I use the Nsixone 95's, but if my timing is off a little or I am just not playing well I then prefer the FXP Tour, the slightly larger head helps I think.

I find the stability good although I have added 26gms of lead to the top of the handle " which helped stabilize the racquet" and the spin is fine.

John.

p3k
12-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Hi Adam, yes I still play it along side my Wilsons. When my game is going well I use the Nsixone 95's, but if my timing is off a little or I am just not playing well I then prefer the FXP Tour, the slightly larger head helps I think.

I find the stability good although I have added 26gms of lead to the top of the handle " which helped stabilize the racquet" and the spin is fine.

John.

John, besides the larger head, does FXP swing easier than n6.1, how would you compare those two in terms of maneuverability? Why did you choose n6.1 over the FXP? Thank you.

Peter

Ljubicic for number1
12-08-2006, 02:40 AM
John, besides the larger head, does FXP swing easier than n6.1, how would you compare those two in terms of maneuverability? Why did you choose n6.1 over the FXP? Thank you.

Peter

Hi Peter, I wouldnt say the FXP swings any easier than the n6.1, to tell you the truth the 2 racquets feel quite similar to me, the wilson is slightly more demanding and your timing has to be on song.

I actually removed the weight from the handle of the FXP tonight and played a few sets and it felt quite nice now that the string has had a few days to settle in. might play some more on it before I drop the tension.

Why I choose the n6.1 over the FXP is just that I play better with it when I am in rythem and it serves much bigger.

John.

p3k
12-08-2006, 03:01 AM
Thanks, John The reason I am asking is that the FXP with a good 1.25 poly is fantastic from the baseline and love groundstrokes with it but my serve is struggling. I used to have a very good kick serve last year with Fischer Pro #1, my baseline game improved a lot with the FXP but I can not put enough pressure with the serve. It is not bad but i can not get it to the same level as before and I feel like a lost my big weapon. The FXP also eats strings like crazy, i string my racquets myself but I have to restring every other day.

Adam_B
12-08-2006, 04:53 AM
Thanks for your comments, John. I'm trying to decide between these two (until now I've been a PT630 user). BTW, I also use "Cyber" strings, however not the topspin but pro's pro ones (cyber power), which I think are kind of fake but still best strings I've ever palyed and cheap as well!

Ljubicic for number1
12-09-2006, 03:58 AM
Thanks, John The reason I am asking is that the FXP with a good 1.25 poly is fantastic from the baseline and love groundstrokes with it but my serve is struggling. I used to have a very good kick serve last year with Fischer Pro #1, my baseline game improved a lot with the FXP but I can not put enough pressure with the serve. It is not bad but i can not get it to the same level as before and I feel like a lost my big weapon. The FXP also eats strings like crazy, i string my racquets myself but I have to restring every other day.

I hit for another couple of hours on the cyberflash today and I am falling in love with this setup, massive topspin, great control and the most awesome sound. If only I could serve bigger with it:mad: I will still drop the tension by a couple of lbs on the next string job.

I just strung my old prince TT Bandit OS "My first ever racquet" with cyberflash and will have a play with it tomorrow. I have still never played with a racquet that can slice serve like it.

John.

vinnier6
12-09-2006, 06:15 AM
day two with the sppp 1.28@58lbs and i am digging it...hits very crisp, but i am guessing is soft for a poly, but i wouldnt really know...power is good, touch aint bad, and serves are good...so far its working well for me and i like the color to boot...

ps, this stuff doesnt move one bit...twice i have played for a total of 3+ hrs, and not one string out of place...i love that

rainmaker
12-09-2006, 07:50 PM
so if i purchased a new flexpoint radical tour mp today what would be the recommended string and tension???? looking for a mix of feel, control, and durability....

not easy.....

Ljubicic for number1
12-10-2006, 04:13 AM
so if i purchased a new flexpoint radical tour mp today what would be the recommended string and tension???? looking for a mix of feel, control, and durability....

not easy.....

I would give cyberflash a go at around 57 or 58lbs if you can make your own power, otherwise just go with the FXP string at about 62lbs

vinnier6
12-10-2006, 06:28 AM

not easy.....
when i demoed the racquet it was strung with wilson nxt tour 16 at 63 lbs...i fell in love with the feel so i went with it, then i tried regular nxt then sensation...all at 62lbs...i dont think you can go wrong with some kind of high end multi strung up around 60-62lbs...like ljubic said fxp is nice too as its a high end multi....

mhstennis100
12-10-2006, 10:40 AM
When I demoed the Radical tour from a local shop, it had a hybrid of Babolat Ballistic in the mains and Prince Premier softlex in the crosses. They had been used for a while but still felt pretty good. I only had it for 3 days so I can't really comment on the durablility.

Ljubicic for number1
12-19-2006, 01:51 AM
Ok guys the cyberflash has worked in the tour so well I am getting rid of the Wilsons now.

vinnier6
12-19-2006, 05:08 AM
Ok guys the cyberflash has worked in the tour so well I am getting rid of the Wilsons now.

so now i have to go out and try cyberflash too...the sppp is working out pretty good for me so far, i have it strung at 58, what gauge and tension are you using the cyberflash at...

Fatmike
12-19-2006, 08:38 AM
alu power rough or signum poly-pro plasma

Ljubicic for number1
12-19-2006, 02:19 PM
so now i have to go out and try cyberflash too...the sppp is working out pretty good for me so far, i have it strung at 58, what gauge and tension are you using the cyberflash at...

1.25 at 60lbs but I think 57-58 will be even better. The sound is going to blow you out. Like a "sonic boom"