PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed w/RDS001 Frame Specs

Sergei
12-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I ordered two brand new Yonex RDS001 frames from TW and had them both matched. When the racquets arrived they had the following matching stickers:

11.9 11.9

12" 12"

288 288

The first two are the weight & the balance (strung), but the last one is a swingweight perhaps but doesn't it seem to be too low for the frame of that weight??? or was it measured before the frame was strung. In that case is there a way of knowing the current swingweight after it was strung without using the spec. machine?

How does the 12" balance translate to HL balance???

counterpuncher
12-03-2006, 07:07 PM
The first two are the weight & the balance (strung), but the last one is a swingweight perhaps but doesn't it seem to be too low for the frame of that weight??? or was it measured before the frame was strung. In that case is there a way of knowing the current swingweight after it was strung without using the spec. machine?

I would say the 288 is the unstrung swingweight.

The sw after stringing depends on the weight of the string which will be different with composition and gauge. As a guide, on average a string job will add about 20 points to sw.

Duzza
12-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I ordered two brand new Yonex RDS001 frames from TW and had them both matched. When the racquets arrived they had the following matching stickers:

11.9 11.9

12" 12"

288 288

How does the 12" balance translate to HL balance???
Well the balance is 12" from the buttcap, so half the racquet length minus that figure gives you 13.5-12=1.5

Times that by 8 to get it into HL form = 12 points headlight.

That SW looks to be Unstrung, so I guess the balance is too. Probably about 9 pts HL strung.