PDA

View Full Version : Those of you playing the O3 Tour (original) with plain syn gut

Ripper
12-04-2006, 05:00 AM
How much do they last?

Ripper
12-04-2006, 10:53 AM
How much do they last?

Nobody uses plain syn gut on this frame?

nickb
12-04-2006, 01:36 PM
I tried out the 03 tour for 2 weeks and syn gut lasted 1-2 hours. String savers helped but i dont like the feel of them in the string bed. I would use have used poly but the racquet had little feel and was muted enough allready. Depends on how you play, if you hit with alot of topspin you will break syn gut in no time.

Nick

__________________________________________________ _____
5x Wilson Ncode Six-One Tour
Prince Synthetic Gut Mains @ 62lbs
Tecnifibre Polyspin Crosses @ 60lbs
Leather Grips + Pro's Pro Overgrips

adamvann
12-04-2006, 01:45 PM
I hit with him a couple of times per week and he usually breaks his PSG w/ Duraflex at least once per week. I also consider him a pretty flat hitter. Lucky for him he has a backup. Unlucky for him it costs him almost 40 bucks everytime he gets it re-strung. BTW he strings at 60-62 lbs.

adamvann
12-04-2006, 01:46 PM
I hit with him a couple of times per week and he usually breaks his PSG w/ Duraflex at least once per week. I also consider him a pretty flat hitter. Lucky for him he has a backup. Unlucky for him it costs him almost 40 bucks everytime he gets it re-strung. BTW he strings at 60-62 lbs.

mhstennis100
12-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Mine came with Prince syn. gut strung around 57 lbs and I broke it in less than a week. I'm a hard hitter with moderate-heavy topspin.

elee3
12-04-2006, 08:18 PM
About 6-8 hours on for me (Gosen OG sheep micro 17). Very flat backhand. Heavy topspin forehand, not the heaviest. But enough that my opponents do comment about it so it's not insane.

Bottle Rocket
12-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I broke the strings on a demo I had real quick... My friend with the Hybrid Hornet who is a new player and doesn't hit hard at all breaks his strings a lot more often than you would think.

I broke Luxilon on my Hybrid Tour in just over a week, I've gone over 6 weeks in my Babolats...

There is just something about these rackets... It doesn't really make sense to me why they break so easily. I have never broken them on the edge, always in the center on solid hits. If they broke on the edge by the huge holes it would make more sense...

BigServer1
12-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah I hit the O3 Tour and the O3HT for a week each, and was back for three stringings on the O3HT, and two on the O3 Tour. The shop strung them with Prince Syn Gut w/Dura or Gamma Live Wire 16g. I never tried poly, but I assume it would help a little bit...

Ripper
12-05-2006, 09:51 AM
That raquet seems to feel nice with plain syn gut, but it would, probably, be better to get used to playing it with poly. Btw, this not for me, but for a friend.

Bottle Rocket
12-05-2006, 02:39 PM
I actually agree with that... I really enjoy my Hybrid Tour with synthetic gut, even strung fairly low. It feels extremely good.

It just totally devours the string though...