PDA

View Full Version : More Pro's Using New Volkl Racquets

Michael Musok
08-15-2004, 07:46 AM
In Binghamton, NY, we have a ATP Challenger Tournament every August. Last year it seemed that there was a lot of Babolat and Head I-prestige racquets but this year I was surprised to see many Pro's using new Volkls. Kevin Kim and Frank Dancevic (19 year old Canadian hotshot) used Tour 10's, Michel Kratochvil and Danai Udomchoke used Tour 10 V-engine Mids, Sonchai and Sonchat Ratiwatana (twin brothers doubles team) used Tour 10 V-engine Mid Plus's and Eric Taino was using what looked like the new Tour 10 Gen II. I wanted to talk to him and get a closer look but he got ousted in the first round and I didn't get a chance. Anyway, for what it's worth, it looks like the newer Volkls are starting to make an impression on some of the pro's.

RacquetDoctor
08-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Kevin Kim is currently under contract with Prince...He borrowed the Tour 10 Extended from...da%$it, can't remember the name, in Bermuda, and has played well with it since...Semis in Bermuda, won Aptos...

He's afraid to go back to his old stick...However, Volkl won't give him any...he's only got two! :x

Mark

BreakPoint
08-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Is Kevin Kim using the Tour 10 Mid or MidPlus? Also, if he really likes the racquet and Volkl won't give him any, why doesn't he just go to a pro shop and buy some or order them from TW? :lol:

If it's the MP, he can also buy mine. :D

NoBadMojo
08-16-2004, 03:07 PM
lots of european pros and rising european juniors use volkls.

pusherman1
08-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Racquetdoctor-- Why do you like the Volkl10 over , say the hyper 6.1.
Public schools rock.