PDA

View Full Version : Head Liquidmetal vs Flexpoint INSTINCT

Triple Fault
12-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Is there any huge difference between these two models? The LM and FXP version of the Instinct I mean... which one would you choose over the other and why? Also, how does the particular technology interact with the frame (in a good or bad way)?
Which one's "better"???

bcsax123
12-04-2006, 02:34 PM
LM because its more solid.

Duzza
12-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Flexpoint because it has Flexpoint and LM technology.

Triple Fault
12-05-2006, 01:36 AM
Flexpoint because it has Flexpoint and LM technology.
But I've heard a couple of bad things about Flexpoint... do you think it might destroy and take away all the feel from it? People who have tried out both maybe???

BigGriff
12-05-2006, 02:17 AM
I have the LM and FXP Radical OS. I personally think the FXP technology is a gimmick. I prefer the LM over the FXP because it feels more solid on off center shots.My shots weren't more accurate with the FXP. I only felt the FXP Radical flex when I hit hard shots like serves or overheads.

It's funny how Head thought, drilling holes in a racquet will make your shots more accurate. Solid technique and practice will take care of that. If you want a more flexible racquet for control then buy a racquet with a more flexible frame.

Before buying, demo the LM and FXP. If you like the LM more, you will be able to buy 2 racquets for the price of 1 FXP.

Hey Triple keep in mind, most of the pros sponsored by Head, don't even use the FXP technology. They are just paint jobs.

bcsax123
12-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I have the LM and FXP Radical OS. I personally think the FXP technology is a gimmick. I prefer the LM over the FXP because it feels more solid on off center shots.My shots weren't more accurate with the FXP. I only felt the FXP Radical flex when I hit hard shots like serves or overheads.

It's funny how Head thought, drilling holes in a racquet will make your shots more accurate. Solid technique and practice will take care of that. If you want a more flexible racquet for control then buy a racquet with a more flexible frame.

Before buying, demo the LM and FXP. If you like the LM more, you will be able to buy 2 racquets for the price of 1 FXP.

Hey Triple keep in mind, most of the pros sponsored by Head, don't even use the FXP technology. They are just paint jobs.

I feel that the FXP only helps for hard hitters who can hit the ball hard enough to make the Flexpoint actually work. (I like it because I am a hard hitter and it does help me control the ball better than say my POG OS.

I actually think the FXP Radical is better than the LM Radical (Both MP) because the FXP is more head heavy so I could hit harder.

DRtenniS1112
12-05-2006, 12:20 PM
I feel that the FXP only helps for hard hitters who can hit the ball hard enough to make the Flexpoint actually work. (I like it because I am a hard hitter and it does help me control the ball better than say my POG OS.

I actually think the FXP Radical is better than the LM Radical (Both MP) because the FXP is more head heavy so I could hit harder.

I agree, I also prefer the Flelxpoint but in the Prestige form.