PDA

View Full Version : Wise 2086 Tension Head Modified with Diablo and Mounted Switch

varuscelli
12-04-2006, 01:52 PM
One of our forum members from the Netherlands has been kind enough to contribute some photos of his Wise 2086 tension head modified by adding a Diablo and a mounted switch. Unfortunately, I don't know his forum name so can't credit him here, but he's credited on the website under what they call a "real" name (amazing concept!).

I'm still waiting to get a few details on this setup to fill in the technical blanks, but if you're interested in having a look, here is a link to the page on the Stringing Machine Photo Library site.

http://www.photostringer.com/wise.htm

Also included on this new page are Wise 2086 contributions from Flash9 (Alpha Revo 4000 with Wise 2086) and LttlElvis (Eagnas Hawk with Wise 2086).

Great stuff from all three . . . ;)

. . . and more to come.

LttlElvis
12-04-2006, 02:55 PM
What's the advantage of adding a diablo to the gripper?

I am guessing it is to pull at the same level as the racquet? Anything other than that?

varuscelli
12-04-2006, 03:19 PM
What's the advantage of adding a diablo to the gripper?

I am guessing it is to pull at the same level as the racquet? Anything other than that?

Good question. If our contributor doesn't decide to chime in here, I'll ask him in my next e-mail. I'm still waiting on a few details from him and will post whatever I get on the site (and/or here) -- unless someone else answers it here first, that is.

tennis-skater
12-04-2006, 04:31 PM
is that on a dropweight?

Steve Huff
12-04-2006, 04:48 PM
I personally don't like Diablo Cones, but they are supposed to get the string to enter the slide bars at the same angle with each pull. If the gripper is not at the same level as the racket, the angle of the string decreases as the gripper gets further from the racket, which can supposedly, lead to different tensions, depending on how far from the racket the gripper gets when the tension is reached. Mine is at racket level, so I give up 360 degree rotation, but I at least pull on the same level as the racket.

I've read somewhere that it also requires less pressure to hold the string, so you don't get as much "crushing" as you would without the Diablo cone.

varuscelli
12-04-2006, 08:08 PM
is that on a dropweight?

Yes, I believe a converted Arfaian model drop weight.

LttlElvis
12-04-2006, 08:26 PM
I personally don't like Diablo Cones, but they are supposed to get the string to enter the slide bars at the same angle with each pull. If the gripper is not at the same level as the racket, the angle of the string decreases as the gripper gets further from the racket, which can supposedly, lead to different tensions, depending on how far from the racket the gripper gets when the tension is reached. Mine is at racket level, so I give up 360 degree rotation, but I at least pull on the same level as the racket.

I've read somewhere that it also requires less pressure to hold the string, so you don't get as much "crushing" as you would without the Diablo cone.

Thanks Steve. That makes sense to me.

tennis-skater
12-05-2006, 02:37 AM
is that on a dropweight?
Yes, I believe a converted Arfaian model drop weight. i have a mutual power 610 how would i be able to convert it, if possible

rod_b
12-05-2006, 05:15 AM
I personally don't like Diablo Cones...

Steve, do you have a pic of your setup? I remember you saying you have a crank machine with the Wise on it. I'd like to see how you got the Wise to pull on the same plane as the racket. Thanks

varuscelli
12-05-2006, 06:16 AM
Steve, do you have a pic of your setup? I remember you saying you have a crank machine with the Wise on it. I'd like to see how you got the Wise to pull on the same plane as the racket. Thanks

At one point, Steve was going to try to get me some photos of his machine(s) to post to the Stringing Machine Photo Library. It hasn't happened yet, but I'd sure like it to.

Steve, is there anything I can do to help in that process at this point? (I'm not sure where you stand at figuring out how to easily get digital photos of yours over to me -- e-mail or internet posting, most likely. If you'd be at all inclined to readdress it, I'll help in any way I can.)

Al Ruscelli
vruscelli@houston.rr.com

varuscelli
12-05-2006, 06:43 AM
i have a mutual power 610 how would i be able to convert it, if possible

I'm going to post what our contributor of the photos of the modified Wise sent me (his text explanation) to the page on in this thread on Wise 2086 Tension Heads. Maybe that will help (especially in terms of explaining what and why he did what he did).

Just to clarify, though: Are you asking about just converting to the Wise head or converting to the wise head and the other modifications, too (Diablo, etc.)?

Our contributor seems to be feel that the upgrade to a Wise on a drop weight machine is something that would be desirable for quite a few people, although mounting system modifications are required.

On the Wise 2086 converted with Diablo and switch, the contributor explained that while he has been using a Wise head for at least a couple of years, he just completed these modifications with the Diablo and switch so he's going to need some time to evaluate how it works. I'm sure that feedback will follow after an appropriate period of time.

tennis-skater
12-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I would like to convert to the wise head and then add on mods. I would love the wise on my dropweight, I've got the weaving part down now I would like to be more accurate ala wise. I could save up 600 bucks pretty easily too

tennis-skater
12-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Just called wise and they said that they're coming out with a bracket that will make the wise work on a drop weight (YES!!!) and he said it should be out soon but couldnt give me an exact date but that is great news for all of us dropweight owners