PDA

View Full Version : demo sugestions

federermcenroeagassi
12-04-2006, 06:10 PM
hi, looking for advice

i have a pk redondo 98 which i like the way it swings, feel, but find it too under powered. i have a yonex rds OO1 mp which i find a bit overpowered and too light. i need recommendations for other rackets to try, something close to what i mentioned above. ive also demod a ps tour 90, but it was too stiff and i did not like the response and feel, and weight...

im specificlly interested in the ncode tour 90 or 95's, not sure wich wud sute me.

i used racket finder from tennis.com and im looking at:
*head fxp radical tour (100 in)
*n6.1 95 (16x18?)
*yonex rds OO1 mid

which would best sute me, or other sugestions?

cheers

Rafa's best friend
12-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Try the new aerogels, i heard it is the best racket out there...

federermcenroeagassi
12-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Try the new aerogels, i heard it is the best racket out there...

wich one wud best sute me?

cheers

anirut
12-04-2006, 06:13 PM
hi, looking for advice

i have a pk redondo 98 which i like the way it swings, feel, but find it too under powered.

cheers

What's your string and tension? This stick is string & tension sensitive.

DRtenniS1112
Try the FXP Prestige Team or Tour or whatever it is. (the one with the white head)

federermcenroeagassi
What's your string and tension? This stick is string & tension sensitive.

some poly (forget wich) at 16g (50 lbs). i find it to unstable sometimes on of center hits, but it nice frame overall

federermcenroeagassi
12-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Try the FXP Prestige Team or Tour or whatever it is. (the one with the white head)

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-FXPPT.html

this one? it seemed ok, exept the weight is only 10.9 oz, is it more solid than its specs indicate?

anirut
12-04-2006, 06:20 PM
some poly (forget wich) at 16g (50 lbs). i find it to unstable sometimes on of center hits, but it nice frame overall

Poly? OK, that's not my fav string type.

Why not get away from the poly norm? Try a good syn, say the PSG at 55. You'll feel a hell of a difference. I use 17G syn at 61 on my mid and I don't find it low power. You can also try some good 17G multi.

From my experience with 18x20, 16G strings don't go well with the pattern.

And make sure you swing with good follow through, doesn't have to be all that fast, but will good follow through, and you'll find it more stable. (I'm not saying your strokes are bad in any way, just a suggestion.)

DRtenniS1112
12-04-2006, 06:21 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-FXPPT.html

this one? it seemed ok, exept the weight is only 10.9 oz, is it more solid than its specs indicate?

Yea thats what I meant. I use the Flexpoint Prestige MP and find that to be a great stick but if you wanted more power the other one mentioned might be good. If thats too much power try the regular one.

federermcenroeagassi
12-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Poly? OK, that's not my fav string type.

Why not get away from the poly norm? Try a good syn, say the PSG at 55. You'll feel a hell of a difference. I use 17G syn at 61 on my mid and I don't find it low power. You can also try some good 17G multi.

From my experience with 18x20, 16G strings don't go well with the pattern.

And make sure you swing with good follow through, doesn't have to be all that fast, but will good follow through, and you'll find it more stable. (I'm not saying your strokes are bad in any way, just a suggestion.)

thank you. i find it stable most of the time, just sometimes on volleys its soso... but other than that, very good racquet. i have some 16g syn gut, so i will try later. (no 17g sadly)

anirut
12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
I find the Redondo to have the 80's style graphite stick. String it higher and it plays good.

alu16L
12-04-2006, 06:31 PM
Why won't you customize your RDS001 Mp. Make it a little havier and string it a little tigher with deader strings. It is a great stick and customizing it will be the cheapest rout. The stock weight of 11.5 ounces give you a great felixability with adding lead tape. Make sure you get adivice from one experienced person instead of 100s of people whom you don't even know and will never see. Everyone has their own opinion and listening to them all will just get you more confused.

federermcenroeagassi
12-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Why won't you customize your RDS001 Mp. Make it a little havier and string it a little tigher with deader strings. It is a great stick and customizing it will be the cheapest rout. The stock weight of 11.5 ounces give you a great felixability with adding lead tape. Make sure you get adivice from one experienced person instead of 100s of people whom you don't even know and will never see. Everyone has their own opinion and listening to them all will just get you more confused.

i kinda want a more old school feel...