PDA

View Full Version : Total Racquet Carnage

netman
12-04-2006, 07:13 PM
After months of string and weight experiments I had finally found the perfect doubles frame for me. Prince Bandit OS frames weighted up to 10.8 oz and 8 pts HL strung with a hybrid of Gosen SM 16 & 17. Groundies, volleys and serves were too easy. Winning pct. jumped above 80%. All was good in the world.

Then in the span of 3 days both frames self-destructed. On one a grommet actually cut through the frame, merging into the grommet hole above it. In the other one, a crack formed around the same grommet hole, spidering out to the holes on either side. Total carnage. Now I'm left with no "go to" frames in the middle of the USTA Winter season. Since they are both over 3 years old, no warranty support is available. In 20+ years of tennis I had broken only one frame prior to this debacle. Now 2 in 3 days. A year of experimentation and customization down the drain. What the tennis gods giveth, the tennis gods taketh away. :(

Anyway, its time to move on. I really like the Sweetspot Suspension and flex of the Bandit. Are the Air Freak OS or Air DB OS good Bandit OS replacements? Or do I start the demo process all over again?

-k-

psp2
12-04-2006, 07:29 PM
There are plenty of used Bandit OS on e*bay.

bcsax123
12-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Try going to one of those big sporting good stores, they usually have TT Bandit OS.
Or check TW's competitor site that starts with an H.