PDA

View Full Version : Player DQ'ed and Replaced by Bumped Down Player

courtandclub
12-05-2006, 01:55 PM
I have two questions concerning rules. I've read national, sectional (Southern) and our local rules and regs and have two issues they don't address.

1. If a local league limits rosters to 14 players and a team of 14 has a self-rated player who is DQed for playing clearly above level with all three of her matches reversed, can that team add a player to replace the DQ'ed player, bringing the roster to 15 players?

2. When an ESL (Early Start League) local league's year-end ratings come out, are players who are bumped down allowed to play at the lower rating immediately even though they are still technically rated at the higher level until year end?'

BACKGROUND
A 4.0 team with 14 players had a self-rated player DQed after three matches. All matches were reversed. That 4.0 team added a 15th player to the roster, which is limited to 14. That 15th player was bumped down from 4.5 to 4.0 the day the team added her.

Cindysphinx
12-06-2006, 04:54 AM
In our section, a captain can delete a player from the roster anytime during the season. Would that fix your problem?

courtandclub
12-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Our section doesn't allow us to delete players.

bleach
12-06-2006, 11:30 AM
#1.
I've never seen it done. Once a player has played matches, I don't believe that he can be removed from you team. I don't know if they can make a exception on the 14 roster limit, but it couldn't hurt to ask. I know that there is a deadline for adding new players to you roster.

#2.
Depends on what you mean by immediately. From my experience you can play down in the Fall league, which is really part of the '07 Championship season. Any other play you must continue at you End of Year rating. I was a 4.0 last December ('05), the early start ratings bumped me down to a 3.5. I played the Fall league as a 3.5, but had to finish the year at 4.0 in tournaments.