PDA

View Full Version : My C-10 Pro ...

sandro
08-16-2004, 08:23 AM
... they both have a swingweight of 307!!! (TW reports 323)
Weight and balance are as TW reports.
Anyone found the same? I don't think there are European and US models, but such a difference is strange.

Anyway, I LOVE THEM (with leather grip and some lead tape to bring the sw over 320)!

NoBadMojo
08-16-2004, 09:05 AM
assuming all measurements are accurate, perhaps the most recent c10's were made lighter than the older ones in keeping w. the trend to lighter. companies change specs sometimes and if a certain frame hasnt been tested for a long time, we may not be getting the most current info. just conjecture on my part that this is what happened in your case. what does volkl say the swingweight is? ed

baseliner
08-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Sounds like the C-9 (no longer in production). Wasn't the swing weight of the C-9 310?

Michael Musok
08-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Doesn't adding weight to the handle, such as a leather grip, bring the swing weight numbers lower? I know it adds weight but I thought changing the balance to more head light made the swing weight come down. I'm sure someone knows the answer to this.

rich s
08-16-2004, 03:10 PM
the swingweight still goes up when you add weight to the handle, just not nearly as fast as when you add weight to the throat , hoop, etc,

sandro
08-17-2004, 06:27 AM
Ditto rich_s. Mojo, I've no idea about specs from Volkl, I've always trusted TW measures. BTW, my measurements were done using a Babolat machine at a tennispro shop. I also mesured some other racquets (like Prestiges) and got "right" numbers. I'll ask TW on the right section, just for info.