PDA

View Full Version : Vantage leather grips

nickb
12-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Does anybody know how much a vantage leather replacement grip weighs in grams?

I want to replace the leather grips on my tour 90's as they are old and falling apart but dont want to shell out the money for wilson leather ( i live in the uk and it is stupidly expensive). I really want to keep the weight the same or heavier, never lighter so i was wondering how heavy the vantages are.

Cheers

Nick

BluDiamond
12-06-2006, 07:47 AM
my friend is sponsored by them so will ask him and get back to u

robkat
12-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Just weighed my Vantage black leather grips. They weigh in at 26g each.

Racketdesign
12-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi,

Approx 25g in total. 22g on an "average" length size 3 handle.

300Gkid
12-06-2006, 11:30 AM
hey, Paul, sorry to get off topic, but how long does it usually take you guys to respond to Sponsorship Applications, because i sent one in on Oct. 27 and havent gotten a response?

nickb
12-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi, thanks for the replys. Now i can go ahead and order the grips!

btw how do they feel compared to the wilson leather grips?

Cheers

Nick

jdeloach
12-06-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi, thanks for the replys. Now i can go ahead and order the grips!

btw how do they feel compared to the wilson leather grips?

Cheers

Nick

I used the Vantage leather grip on a few racquets right after I quit using the nSix-One Tour 90. I love the Vantage feel much better. It just seems to be softer.

nickb
12-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all the great replys guys!

Now i can go ahead and order, cant wait to try them.

Cheers

Nick

emo5
12-07-2006, 12:28 AM
whats vantage leather feel like comapred to gamma?

BluDiamond
12-07-2006, 07:36 AM
my friend said approx 25g

AAAA
12-07-2006, 08:12 AM
A question about the black leather grips:

In the likely case that the grip isn't naturally black does the dye run when it is damp/wet?

Saying thanks now to any replies

jdeloach
12-07-2006, 08:21 AM
A question about the black leather grips:

In the likely case that the grip isn't naturally black does the dye run when it is damp/wet?

Saying thanks now to any replies

I've never experienced it running, but my hands are a lot dirtier. Plus the black leather feels much different than the brown. It just seems stiffer.

AAAA
12-07-2006, 08:31 AM
I've never experienced it running, but my hands are a lot dirtier. Plus the black leather feels much different than the brown. It just seems stiffer.

Thanks for replying.

A totally different track - you say the black grip is stiffer, in another thread someone said the black vibration dampners were stiffer feeling than the red ones from a certain brand, usually I find the black variety of jelly like sweets harder than the non black varieties in the packet. It would seem there is something about the black dye that makes the thing stiffer, what ever the thing is. I cannot prove this observation to be true nor have any desire to do so but it's just something I've observed because of the way I am and I thought I share it with you.