PDA

View Full Version : why no love for 28 inch from racquet companies?

ionutzakis
12-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Why on earth these days there are no longer any 28 inch players racquets released?

Are they so bad (the racquets)?

Nalbandian is like the best baseliner on tour. Ferrero kicks *** with POG LB, Coria used to. Davidendko uses one, O Rochus, Tommy Robredo and the list continues.

What is with this tactics from racquet companies claiming that they don't see that there could be demand for such racquets. How expensive can it be for them to release new 28 inch racquets?

I bet if they would release a Yonex in 28 inches like Nalbandian uses or the O3 tour in 28 inch of Davidenko they would sell like hotcakes.

LttlElvis
12-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Longbodies are nice and I did notice there are less and less LBs on the market. For some, it can cause arm problems, especially the older we get. Teenagers and people in their 20s seem to have little problems with them.

I guess the companies have done their research and sales show not enough people want them anymore.

WhiteSox05CA
12-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Longbodies are nice and I did notice there are less and less LBs on the market. For some, it can cause arm problems, especially the older we get. Teenagers and people in their 20s seem to have little problems with them.

I guess the companies have done their research and sales show not enough people want them anymore.

But why don't they want them? Is it the slightly higher SW, and slightly decreased manueverabilty, resulting in more spin and power?

Amone
12-07-2006, 06:27 AM
But why don't they want them? Is it the slightly higher SW, and slightly decreased manueverabilty, resulting in more spin and power?

It's not slightly higher, WhiteSox, it's signifigantly higher, given the same weight. But still, not quite enough to kill the frame or sommat.

To the OP: I don't know. I want one myself, so I don't really know.