PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Laserfibre owners

JRW
12-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Have any of you sent your clamps in for their free clamp reconditioning? If so, what is the procedure to get it done? Also, how long was the turn-around? All these threads lately about not getting a response from Tim to calls and e-mails has me a little concerned that I might not see my clamps for a while if I send them in.

Ripper
12-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Have any of you sent your clamps in for their free clamp reconditioning? If so, what is the procedure to get it done? Also, how long was the turn-around? All these threads lately about not getting a response from Tim to calls and e-mails has me a little concerned that I might not see my clamps for a while if I send them in.

This has nothing to do, but, if not answering e-mails is an indication that a company has financial problems, than most of them do, including TW ;)

barry
12-06-2006, 11:22 AM
This has nothing to do, but, if not answering e-mails is an indication that a company has financial problems, than most of them do, including TW ;)

Strange I ordered 4 rackets at different times form TW in the last 2 weeks, and have had no problems with CS or delivery. They have been perfect and price matched all of them.

You can't blame Tim at LF for not answering the phone or Emails; he does not have any product, so all he can do is take orders. Since LF move last year, it has been a disaster for customers and LF has lost a lot of business. A little over a year ago, everyone was raving on this board how they had a model CS department. Things change!

I sent couple of questions 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. All I can say is customers who own product should be screaming to Stringway about the lousy support. New customers, I would avoid them until Stringway adds additional dealers in the U.S. Only thing worse than not getting a machine, is to have one and canít get a part for it. It does not sound like the LF business is going well.

Just my take!

Redflea
12-06-2006, 12:56 PM
...You can't blame Tim at LF for not answering the phone or Emails; he does not have any product, so all he can do is take orders. Since LF move last year, it has been a disaster for customers and LF has lost a lot of business. A little over a year ago, everyone was raving on this board how they had a model CS department. Things change!...

No news is not good news in this case. Tim (any business, really) needs to communicate MORE w/customers during times of trouble, not less. I hope that he figures that out...he is not doing his business any favors by going quiet.

kaissoz
12-07-2006, 06:31 AM
I placed a reservation on a MS200TT a bit more than 4 weeks ago. multiple emails and unanswered phone calls over the past week went unanswered, but i just got a reply yesterday from kathleen saying that they are hoping to start shipping the TT series machines beginning end of next week.

Should I put any stock into that reply? I admit of being a bit leery reading old thread, and perhaps I should go with the Revo 4000 after all.

Bolt
12-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Should I put any stock into that reply?

Nope.............

kaissoz
12-07-2006, 02:22 PM
For all it's worth, Tim called me back twice today. it's actually comical, as for the past couple of weeks, emails requesting status of the latest shipment have gone unanswered until yesterday. however, emails asking stringing questions have been answered pretty promptly (and in great detail) by Tim.

I also asked him about their clamp reconditioning policy, and he confirmed that one is allowed up to 3 reconditioning during the 10 year warranty period. Being also located on the east coast, i'm within 1 day shipping so the turnaround time would only be 3 days.

He also mentioned that the clamps were engineered to withstand pro shop type of volume (on average 1000 jobs/year), so roughly 3000 jobs before reconditioning becomes an issue. Feel free to comment on that claim (then again, I've read nothing but good things about the quality of Laserfibre clamps).

To the OP, from my limited experience, Laserfibre appears to be much prompter to respond when you don't call them to request status on the latest shipment of their machines. Once you're on the line with Tim, he appears to be ready to spend the whole day with you if needed (which might be the reason why I have never caught him directly, always have awaited a call back). Just call them up.

Redflea
12-07-2006, 02:43 PM
They might be trying to keep folks from bolting to someone else before Xmas, or they might really have the stock in hand...hard to say. You'll have to decide if you are willing to wait and hope it happens, or go w/another vendor and get the machine in by a certain date.

Racketeer
12-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm not sure why everyone has so many problems with Laserfibre. In fact when I get Tim on the phone, it's hard to get him off! I order a reel, 10 sets of strings and a set of flying clamps the week before Thanksgiving. The strings were at my door step in 2 days, but the clamps were back orderd and came this week.

I can't imagine how I can always get good service and some others get radio silence. Keep on trying to call them, I've been a steady customer for over 5 years with never a problem

Redflea
12-07-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure why everyone has so many problems with Laserfibre. In fact when I get Tim on the phone, it's hard to get him off! I order a reel, 10 sets of strings and a set of flying clamps the week before Thanksgiving. The strings were at my door step in 2 days, but the clamps were back orderd and came this week.

I can't imagine how I can always get good service and some others get radio silence. Keep on trying to call them, I've been a steady customer for over 5 years with never a problem

Maybe because you're getting string, accessories, etc., and not machines? Appears from some posts that they have had troubles w/getting machines in stock, and maybe have been reticent to talk to folks about that. I know I never got any answer to emails sent to them last month, and called and never had anyone pick up the phone. It was wierd...

STRINGTECHNO
12-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Hey all of you that worry:
There is nothing wrong with LF, but if you do not get an answer you can try to ask Stringway direct by making a comment on their website www.stringway-nl.com:
"Contact Stringway" and pose your question. I bet you get an answer the same day.

barry
12-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Hey all of you that worry:
There is nothing wrong with LF, but if you do not get an answer you can try to ask Stringway direct by making a comment on their website www.stringway-nl.com:
"Contact Stringway" and pose your question. I bet you get an answer the same day.

Why are they selling there domain name? http://www.stringway.com/

You would think a successful established business would keep its identity.

STRINGTECHNO
12-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Stringway's official website is www.stringway-nl.com and www.stringway.com is owned by an ex agent of Stringway who does not sell Stringway equipment anymore.

kaissoz
12-14-2006, 10:57 AM
For what it's worth, Tim confirmed on the phone today that they are starting to ship out the latest shipment of stringers. Anybody heard the contrary? Hopefully that means I'll get mine next week. then again, some have reported horror stories also during the shipping phase...