PDA

View Full Version : So my Soft Drive is discontinued...

MegacedU
12-06-2006, 12:03 PM
At the end of 04 I bought 2 Babolat Soft Drives and another the following year. Anyway over the years, and partially due to my temper, I've broken 2/3. Now I only have one left and my Big East season is starting in less than a month. So I'm left with this predicament. I've tried looking online from private sellers but there aren't any that are brand new, which is what I'm looking for. In any case, I don't know whether to continue using the one and then buy two new back-ups or just go buy another 3 of something else. Is there anything that plays similarly? I mean, I'd rather not give it up, since I'm very very used to it, but it looks like that's my only option. Any thoughts?

Oh and btw, I've demoed the new version of the Soft Drive - I don't like it.

ChipNCharge
12-06-2006, 12:20 PM
At the end of 04 I bought 2 Babolat Soft Drives and another the following year. Anyway over the years, and partially due to my temper, I've broken 2/3. Now I only have one left and my Big East season is starting in less than a month. So I'm left with this predicament. I've tried looking online from private sellers but there aren't any that are brand new, which is what I'm looking for. In any case, I don't know whether to continue using the one and then buy two new back-ups or just go buy another 3 of something else. Is there anything that plays similarly? I mean, I'd rather not give it up, since I'm very very used to it, but it looks like that's my only option. Any thoughts?

Oh and btw, I've demoed the new version of the Soft Drive - I don't like it.

If you can't find any more Soft Drives, maybe demo the Prince Air Vanquish OS or the Hybrid Hornet OS. Both of them appear to have similar specs to your Soft Drive.

MegacedU
12-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I was looking to stay within Babolat, but thanks, I'll see if I can get my hands on them when i'm home for xmas.

AJK1
12-06-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't get it, TW still has them advertised?

pNoyr3D
12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Tennis warehouse has 4 left!!!

2 - 1/2 grip size
2 - 5/8 grip size

Maybe their not your grip size..?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCBAB-BSOFT.html

MegacedU
12-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah it's not the same as the older soft drives. The ones they have here are a slightly different model. And I wasn't happy with the changes.

dacrymn
12-06-2006, 02:48 PM
the flexpoint teams, heat, fire, liquidmetal 1, 2, etc should fit what you want.
________
Islero (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Islero)

federer_nadal
12-06-2006, 02:54 PM
maybe a babolat pure storm?

AndrewD
12-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Meg,

You could contact your local Babolat rep and see if they have access to the old Soft Drive or if they know of any stores that are likely to stock it. Don't like your chances but it's worth a shot. Otherwise, what do you find to be the difference between the old model and the new one? Is it something that can be 'fixed' by a racquet tech like RPNY (and there is a lot they can 'fix')?

Good luck with your season, especially if you have to play Notre Dame or USF.

vsbabolat
12-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Meg, not knowing what you have tried. I would suggest from Babolat: Pure Storm MP (the 103 head size), Pure Drive 107, Pure Drive Team Standard, and Aero Pro Drive. Good Luck in your search.

tennis4losers
12-06-2006, 06:09 PM
I know a 4.5 who uses the soft drive but lately he has switched to the pure drive w/cortex OS. He said that its a bit heavier but besides that its a better racket then the soft drive.

skuludo
12-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Demo the Aston Martin Vanquish.