PDA

View Full Version : Is Drakule so right?

Tennis Man
12-06-2006, 01:07 PM
I was searching the specs and came across Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid. It seems to match my parameters for "collection" but I've never seen or read about it before:

Drakule, are Volkls ready that HORRIBLE?

93 sq. in. / 600 sq. cm. (GOOD)
Strung Weight: 12.2oz / 346g (VERY GOOD)
Balance: 8pts Head Light (OK)
Swingweight: 318 (hmmm???)
Stiffness: 60 (NICE)
Beam Width: 18 mm Straight Beam (AWESOME)
Composition: Carbon / Fiberglass (hmmm???)
String Pattern: 18 Mains / 20 Crosses

TW lists TFight 335 and Redondo that I never touched as similar frames. I will throw in RDS 001.

Now, how different are all these from let's say n90, PS 85, PC 600 or even RDX 500, in one sentence?

BTW, my search didn't give me much sense yet. And sorry for any confusion :)

Richie Rich
12-06-2006, 01:22 PM
I was searching the specs and came across Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid. It seems to match my parameters for "collection" but I've never seen or read about it before:

93 sq. in. / 600 sq. cm. (GOOD)
Strung Weight: 12.2oz / 346g (VERY GOOD)
Balance: 8pts Head Light (OK)
Swingweight: 318 (hmmm???)
Stiffness: 60 (NICE)
Beam Width: 18 mm Straight Beam (AWESOME)
Composition: Carbon / Fiberglass (hmmm???)
String Pattern: 18 Mains / 20 Crosses

TW lists TFight 335 and Redondo that I never touched as similar frames. I will throw in RDS 001.

Now, how different are all these from let's say n90, PS 85, PC 600 or even RDX 500, in one sentence?

BTW, my search didn't give me much sense yet. And sorry for any confusion :)

from my experience the TF 335 is the most powerful of the bunch (it's not a mid like the others) and probably shouldn't be compared to the other mids you quoted.

BreakPoint
12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I doubt you will like it, but why not give it a try.

As a ProStaff series user (like you are), I found the Volkl T10 VE Mid to be one of the worst racquets I've playtested over at least the last 5 years.

drakulie
12-06-2006, 02:05 PM

Simply put.....YES.

OnyxZ28
12-06-2006, 02:19 PM
As a Prestige user, I thought the Volkl was a very a good racquet.

Tennis Man
12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
I doubt you will like it, but why not give it a try.

As a ProStaff series user (like you are), I found the Volkl T10 VE Mid to be one of the worst racquets I've playtested over at least the last 5 years.

ty, but what I'm trying to find out is why ppl love these Tfights, V-engines and Redondos but no pros are actually playing with them. No there is no real market testing . What is wrong with these frames?

I just can't help but trying all these player's sticks. It's almost like test-driving different sports cars. There's a Ferrari, Porsche, Mustang, Corvette or Honda 2000 and they are all called sports cars but so different.

I liken PS85 to something like an old 1972 Mustang, POG to a classic Corvette, n90 to a new Mustang and maybe PC 600 to an old Classic Porsche. RDX 500 is maybe an equivalent of Hoda 2000. Looking for a Lamborghini but there is none in the tennis world :). Is there?

alu16L
12-06-2006, 02:44 PM
I hope you that you guys understand that acoording to Drakule Volkls rackets are horrible. Its is just his personal opinion and nothing more nothing less. Now, how much you value his opinion should depend on his level of expertice with all racket manufacturers. If he works in the tennis industry and conducts extensive product testing, then you can highly value his opinion because it could be backed up by test data. But if he has no such claims to back up his statements, than the value of his opinion decreases.

To each his own...

Tennis Man
12-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I hope you that you guys understand that acoording to Drakule Volkls rackets are horrible. Its is just his personal opinion and nothing more nothing less. Now, how much you value his opinion should depend on his level of expertice with all racket manufacturers. If he works in the tennis industry and conducts extensive product testing, then you can highly value his opinion because it could be backed up by test data. But if he has no such claims to back up his statements, than the value of his opinion decreases.

To each his own...

b/c he's been hating Volkls for the the longest time but can't explain why, LOL :)

julianoz
12-06-2006, 02:55 PM
I have a PRESTIGE and i like volkl. Particularly dnx 10. They make the best volleying, slice, and touch frames I have ever hit with.

vkartikv
12-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Just because a person has a mental block against another person who just happens to be a volkl guy doesn't mean the entire product line should suffer such comments. The tour 10 ve mid is not the greatest of racquets, but its predecessor, the tour 10 gen 1 mid was as close to perfect as a racquet can get. Almost impossible for an intermed. player such as me to get decent kick from it though.

BreakPoint
12-06-2006, 03:03 PM
ty, but what I'm trying to find out is why ppl love these Tfights, V-engines and Redondos but no pros are actually playing with them. No there is no real market testing . What is wrong with these frames?

You're welcome! :D

But whether or not pros play with a certain racquet has nothing to do with the quality nor how good/bad the racquet is. It has to do how much money the company is willing to pay them to use their racquets. So I certainly would not base my choice of racquet on whether or not pros use that racquet.

federermcenroeagassi
12-06-2006, 03:07 PM
b/c he's been hating Volkls for the the longest time but can't explain why, LOL :)

because nobadmojo likes volkels...

Richie Rich
12-06-2006, 03:11 PM

there is nothing wrong with them. you obviously didn't search hard enough because there are pros that play with volkl v-engines and tecnifibres. haven't seen any pros using redondo but haven't seen that many using the rds001 mid either.

i guess people love their tecnifibres, v-engine or redondo for the same reason you like your prestiges, 6.0 85's, etc.

just because a pro uses a frame makes them ok for everyone else to use? that's some weird logic

federer_nadal
12-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I suggest you do not listen to anyone on this board about what they dont like because alot of the time if they get one bad racquet from say, wilson, they willl say that ALL wilsons are crap. But look how many people on this board say babs are crap, now look at how many people use babolats. It is personal preference.

gonzalocatalino
12-06-2006, 03:27 PM

this 40 years old sad sampras wannabe dont have NOTHING REAL to say about Volkl racquets, he cant explain why a racquet brand its "horrible" or why the brand must go bankrupt, he only enjoys to bother people...

snoflewis
12-06-2006, 03:28 PM
i've also tried the volkl t10ve mid and i hated it. i found it to be completely unstable...one of the worst in terms of stability i've tried in midsize rackets. also, the string pattern is definitely one of the firmest i've tried (strung w/ syn. gut at 53!) and i use an 18x20 racket right now strung at 60....prety hard to explain. the headsize is pretty round and large for a 93, i thought it was more like a 95...i think the rds001 mid is a MUCH better choice for me than the t10ve mid

drakulie
12-06-2006, 03:29 PM

I love it!! Two threads in one day with my username. One for, one against. But bad publicity is better than no publicity. In addition, curiously enough, I have never been asked to explain why.

As for the explanation of why I have, "Volkls are horrible" on my signature I will say this:

I have never played with a Volkl that I enjoyed or would recommend. However, I feel the same way about Babolat---so this can't be the real reason can it??

As for the real reason, if you really want to know, email me and I will explain. I don't want to make certain people squeel like baby pigs by posting it on this thread.

As for racquet preference, my stance has ALWAYS been as follows:

Play with what you want to play with and don't listen to anybody. If it makes you feel good and happy to play with a Babolat because you like Roddick or Nadal, then play with it. If you like The ncode 90 because you like Federer, then play with it. It is your money, and your business, regardless of people telling you this racquet or that racquet could only be used by "higher" level players. Because quite frankly, it is all nonsense.

NOBODY should tell you what to play with. NOBODY! Even Volkl reps.

Peace!

gonzalocatalino
12-06-2006, 03:29 PM
because nobadmojo likes volkels...

%100 true, and because drakulili is involved in the ps6.0 clan or something...

Tennis Man
12-06-2006, 03:43 PM
As for the real reason, if you really want to know, email me and I will explain.

I need your EXPLANATION :) ... especially re: that Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid.

Seriously, could you send me an e-mail to my user contact (it's always open)?

drakulie
12-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I need your EXPLANATION :) ... especially re: that Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid.

Seriously, could you send me an e-mail to my user contact (it's always open)?

Here is my email: drakulie@aol.com

Richie Rich
12-06-2006, 03:54 PM
Play with what you want to play with and don't listen to anybody. If it makes you feel good and happy to play with a Babolat because you like Roddick or Nadal, then play with it. If you like The ncode 90 because you like Federer, then play with it. It is your money, and your business, regardless of people telling you this racquet or that racquet could only be used by "higher" level players. Because quite frankly, it is all nonsense.

agree 100%. the racquet may be better suited for a more advanced player but that shouldn't stop anyone from using it. i'll suggest and recommend a racquet based on skill set but if a 3.0 wants to use the 6.0 85 and enjoys playing with it then go right ahead. if racquets were correctly matched to skill level 90% of us on the boards would be using tweeners.

BTW, i still like my dnx 9's and my old c-10 pro's :shock:

mileslong
12-06-2006, 04:49 PM
I have never played with a Volkl that I enjoyed or would recommend. However, I feel the same way about Babolat---so this can't be the real reason can it??
yes it can, if you didnt have a real problem with the volkl spokesperson on this board you wouldnt have some lame signature line like vokls are horrible. why dont you have babolats are horrible as your sig line instead? why not put every frome but wilson in your sig line? easy because the only reason you do this is to get the goat of NBMJ...just be real

Borat
12-06-2006, 05:04 PM
For me they just seemed too average.

drakulie
12-06-2006, 05:05 PM
yes it can, if you didnt have a real problem with the volkl spokesperson on this board you wouldnt have some lame signature line like vokls are horrible. why dont you have babolats are horrible as your sig line instead? why not put every frome but wilson in your sig line? easy because the only reason you do this is to get the goat of NBMJ...just be real

Possibly.....

federermcenroeagassi
12-06-2006, 05:17 PM

yae, drakule is idiot

SmakIt
12-06-2006, 08:06 PM
I like this thread. At least you guys are passionate about your tennis.

I demoed the dnx10 and would have to say that it did truly suck (IMO). It had all the right specs but felt like about 5 different racquets depending of where you hit the ball. In the sweetspot it had no feeling and way too much power- seemingly due to that DNX junk.

I think they should just go back to basics- Braided graphite or graphite/kevlar. But perhaps basics don't sell. After I see all the people drooling over every new racquet series (or perhaps just new PJ's?) to come out (Wilson K and Aerogel at the moment) I think that is probably right. Whenever I walk into a tennis shop these days I am always rummaging through the ex demo bin looking for older series, small headsize stuff where I know they have not cranked up the power so much. One of the best racquets I played with recently was the Wilson PS stars & stripes. If only they still sold this old school stuff!! (PS 85 orig aside)

NoBadMojo
12-06-2006, 10:31 PM
i've also tried the volkl t10ve mid and i hated it. i found it to be completely unstable...one of the worst in terms of stability i've tried in midsize rackets. also, the string pattern is definitely one of the firmest i've tried (strung w/ syn. gut at 53!) and i use an 18x20 racket right now strung at 60....prety hard to explain. the headsize is pretty round and large for a 93, i thought it was more like a 95...i think the rds001 mid is a MUCH better choice for me than the t10ve mid

i enjoyed this frame, and found it very stable provided the sweetspot is struck. the headsize isnt round at all..it's elongated. the sweetspot is very long but not very wide, which is what seems to make it great for serving <and volleying>, but more demanding from the ground especially with the dense stringbed, and if someone doesnt have flatter strokes.. i would have switched to this frame except it was a bit too demanding for my 5.0+ game <i couldnt get my service return going with it as i play on the dirt and with those squirrely bounces and narrow sweetspot i was coughing up too many easy returns>

saqdeez
12-06-2006, 10:47 PM

NOBODY should tell you what to play with. NOBODY! Even Volkl reps.

Follow your own advice and stop telling people to not use volkl. You act like a hypocrite and a baby. You do not have it all together if are a grown man who spends so much time on a message board slandering an underdog tennis company.

alu16L
12-07-2006, 12:26 AM
This week my collection of frames will have two new additions: DNX10 Mid and C10Pro 98. Just because of this thread. Go Volkl! I hope that Klip USA will not mess up the distribution too much.

skraggle
12-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey guys-

Drakulie emailed me and even though he requested I not share his real reason for hating Volkls, I just can't resist. Here's the scoop:

It was a warm day last July. Drakulie was at the courts, stretching in his spandex body suit and day-glo orange sleeveless Nadal crew. His knee-high glitter socks were pulled up and his Hello Kitty headband was still dry and kept his thinning hair out of his eyes perfectly.

Then behind him, he heard a voice. "Want to play a bit?", the person asked in a nonchalant voice. Drakulie jumped at the offer, having not played since he lost in the first round of the local 1.5 tournament to Maybelle Blankis, a feisty grandmother who seemed to position her walker perfectly with each shot.

Drakulie and his opponent stepped onto the court and took their racquets out of their bags. He was surprised to find that he had never seen or heard of his opponent's racquet before. It was a "Volkl", and Drakulie was surprised because up until this moment, he only thought they made cars.

The match began. And ended in 17 minutes. When it was over, Drakulie sat on the bench hugging his Tennis Teddy Bear, his longest and only friend who lived in the bottom of his tennis bag. He'd heard of a "Double Bagel" before, and always wanted to try one, but the real thing left him feeling quite empty.

He heard a car horn beep twice. His opponent said, "Thanks, Mister. Your underhand serve will get better with time--hang in there. I have to go to rehearsal now...I'm a tree in the 2nd grade Summer Fiesta Play!" As she skipped off, pigtails bobbing, the shameful memory of this day burned into his subconcious and he repeated the four-letter word over and over as he tried to rock away the hurt..."Volkl"..."Volkl"..."Volkl".....

SmakIt
12-07-2006, 01:56 AM
Hey Skraggle, I never thought I would read the work of a serious literate on a tennis site. No &*^%$* that is some quality work. No doubt dunlop users are of a higher intelligence.

trextasy
12-07-2006, 07:30 AM
DNX 10 mid is quite possibly the best frame i've hit with in the last year. Awesome comfort, control and power!

Tennis Man
12-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Ok, I got some answers and the real truth from Drakule that I promised him not reveal to anybody but is there anyone else who actually hit with Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid? I'm still considering it and don't want to make a time-wasting mistake.

Also, drakulie, as I said, your signature is very confusing since it doesn't even mean what it says and causes more harm to an innocent tennis company and its products' fans. Maybe you think and come up with something more creative like your avatar.

drakulie
12-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Hey guys-

Drakulie emailed me and even though he requested I not share his real reason for hating Volkls, I just can't resist. Here's the scoop:

It was a warm day last July. Drakulie was at the courts, stretching in his spandex body suit and day-glo orange sleeveless Nadal crew. His knee-high glitter socks were pulled up and his Hello Kitty headband was still dry and kept his thinning hair out of his eyes perfectly.

Then behind him, he heard a voice. "Want to play a bit?", the person asked in a nonchalant voice. Drakulie jumped at the offer, having not played since he lost in the first round of the local 1.5 tournament to Maybelle Blankis, a feisty grandmother who seemed to position her walker perfectly with each shot.

Drakulie and his opponent stepped onto the court and took their racquets out of their bags. He was surprised to find that he had never seen or heard of his opponent's racquet before. It was a "Volkl", and Drakulie was surprised because up until this moment, he only thought they made cars.

The match began. And ended in 17 minutes. When it was over, Drakulie sat on the bench hugging his Tennis Teddy Bear, his longest and only friend who lived in the bottom of his tennis bag. He'd heard of a "Double Bagel" before, and always wanted to try one, but the real thing left him feeling quite empty.

He heard a car horn beep twice. His opponent said, "Thanks, Mister. Your underhand serve will get better with time--hang in there. I have to go to rehearsal now...I'm a tree in the 2nd grade Summer Fiesta Play!" As she skipped off, pigtails bobbing, the shameful memory of this day burned into his subconcious and he repeated the four-letter word over and over as he tried to rock away the hurt..."Volkl"..."Volkl"..."Volkl".....

Too funny! That was great!

Kaptain Karl
12-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Drakulie emailed me and even though he requested I not share his real reason for hating Volkls, I just can't resist. Here's the scoop: "Post Of The Month"

Very good and funny stuff, skraggle. I *lost it* at two places in particular, "... thought they made cars" and "... repeated the four-letter word over and over...."

Clever stuff...! (I gotta figure how to Archive this one....)

<edit> drakulie, I *knew* you would apprreciate the humor, too. I just knew it. </edit>

- KK

drakulie
12-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Maybe you think and come up with something more creative like your avatar.

Well, I would love to chnage it to "NBM is horrible", but I am quite certain the mods would not be to happy about it. HMMm. Maybe I should start a thread about my signature.

drakulie
12-07-2006, 08:32 AM
Follow your own advice and stop telling people to not use volkl. You act like a hypocrite and a baby. You do not have it all together if are a grown man who spends so much time on a message board slandering an underdog tennis company.

I don't tell people to NOT use Volkls.

Rafa's best friend
12-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Drakulie is right, Vokle is the most useless stick i have ever tried. It has sold of dead feel and DNX tech is not any better than old graphite.

alu16L
12-07-2006, 08:47 AM
skraggle, that post was the best possible way to start my morning. I jusy cannot stop laughing!

NoBadMojo
12-07-2006, 08:57 AM
Well, I would love to chnage it to "NBM is horrible", but I am quite certain the mods would not be to happy about it. HMMm. Maybe I should start a thread about my signature.

what is great about this is that it is YOU saying i am horrible..that really proves that I am not. as if anyone thinks you know what you are talking about around here...half of it is in Yodaspeak.

NoBadMojo
12-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Ok, I got some answers and the real truth from Drakule that I promised him not reveal to anybody but is there anyone else who actually hit with Volkl Tour 10 V-Engine Mid? I'm still considering it and don't want to make a time-wasting mistake.

Also, drakulie, as I said, your signature is very confusing since it doesn't even mean what it says and causes more harm to an innocent tennis company and its products' fans. Maybe you think and come up with something more creative like your avatar.

hey thats great you got the REAL truth....

if you scroll up rather than doing what you are doing , you will see comments on this frame , and it has been talked up quite a bit in the forum if you can somehow muster the energy to do a search.

Ripper
12-07-2006, 09:35 AM
...the four-letter word over and over as he tried to rock away the hurt..."Volkl"..."Volkl"..."Volkl".....

Hummm, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 :confused:

drakulie
12-07-2006, 10:03 AM
"Post Of The Month"

Very good and funny stuff, skraggle. I *lost it* at two places in particular, "... thought they made cars" and "... repeated the four-letter word over and over...."

Clever stuff...! (I gotta figure how to Archive this one....)

<edit> drakulie, I *knew* you would apprreciate the humor, too. I just knew it. </edit>

- KK

KK, of course I loved it. I am still laughing. That was extremely funny. Especially the part about cars. LOL. It was especially funny to me because I would often say that to you know who.

skraggle
12-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Thanks for being such a great sport, Drakulie...

skraggle
12-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey Skraggle, I never thought I would read the work of a serious literate on a tennis site. No &*^%$* that is some quality work. No doubt dunlop users are of a higher intelligence.

Thanks, SmakIt. This is what happens when you drink too much caffeine and find yourself on TT past midnight...

drakulie
12-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks for being such a great sport, Drakulie...

No, thank you. Again, I found it absolutely hilarious. Very witty, and extremely funny. The details were awesome, from the way you pictured me dressed, to the old lady with the walker, to the little girl skipping away. Very good stuff.

I am currently trying to figure out how to incoorporate it into my signature. I am debating whether or not to start a new thread asking what my new signature should be. For now, I like what I quoted from your story.

federermcenroeagassi
12-07-2006, 12:58 PM
%100 true, and because drakulili is involved in the ps6.0 clan or something...

i use a ps tour 90, but im not raceist to other racquets or brands of them

emerckx53
12-07-2006, 02:03 PM
If you seriously let a person on a tennis forum decide your racquet fate because he doesn't like Volkl's then you are a weak puppy. My guess is there are many Volkl users in the 4.0-5.0 rating range that use Volkls on this forum that could give Drakulie his due...including myself. Demo a ton of racquets make notes and buy the racquet that you like. You are not trying to rebuild the pyramids...

IN210S
12-07-2006, 05:24 PM
skraggle, that has to be one of the funniest things I've read on this website. I was just finishing my 24 hour call, feeling pretty exhausted with one surgery left to do and I ran into your post. Totally lost it. My colleagues came in and found me laughing my @$$ off. Thanks. These boards could use a little humor.

federermcenroeagassi
12-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Drakulie is right, Vokle is the most useless stick i have ever tried. It has sold of dead feel and DNX tech is not any better than old graphite.

so far mr rafa is teh only worthwhile person supporting drakulie... poor drakulie... ah well, everyone has opinions i gues

Richie Rich
12-07-2006, 06:35 PM
so far mr rafa is teh only worthwhile person supporting drakulie... poor drakulie... ah well, everyone has opinions i gues

he uses some granny stick yonex so i wouldn't say his opinion is worth much of anything :wink:

federermcenroeagassi
12-07-2006, 06:44 PM
he uses some granny stick yonex so i wouldn't say his opinion is worth much of anything :wink:

with an aeropro drive pj... lol

i love rafa's best friend, and his personality, but i love making fun of him even more

fuzz nation
12-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Raf, definately get a review up if you take one for a drive. Either way your opinion goes, it would be a riot! Nothing against Volkls here, but I demoed that racquet and it made me sad like when I saw Saving Private Ryan. So tragic...

I use the LM Prestige mid and the Prostaff 6.1 Classic.

Tennis Man
12-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Raf, definately get a review up if you take one for a drive. Either way your opinion goes, it would be a riot! Nothing against Volkls here, but I demoed that racquet and it made me sad like when I saw Saving Private Ryan. So tragic...

I use the LM Prestige mid and the Prostaff 6.1 Classic.

I don't know. I lost my excitement after reading this thread. Poor Volkl :)

At least, I have more respect for Drakulie after he changed his sig.