PDA

View Full Version : New Technifiber racquets - really new

sureshs
12-06-2006, 01:52 PM
NO this is NOT about the T335 and T320. That is old news

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tecnfibre's New Racquets Let The Player "Customize" Their Racquet Weight for Power Versus Control

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4 S. Walker Ave., Suite F
Clarendon Hills,
(630) 321-0760
paul@tecnifibreusa.com

11/28/06 - Tecnifibre announces that with the success of their TFight 335 and TFight 320 racquets, they will introduce 2 more new models available in January 2007 that will allow the player to make the choice on what they need most for their game – power or control. The two racquets that were introduced in September, TFight 335 and TFight 320 were each offered in 2 string patterns – 18x20 for control and a 16x20 for power.

For January 2007, Tecnifibre will offer a brand new racquet, the TFlash 310, and will upgrade its popular TFeel 305 with both racquets offered in 2 string patterns. These new racquets will be offered in an 18x20 and 16x19 string patterns. This will bring the total of 4 models each offered in two string patterns to complete the Elite Series which includes the TFight racquets.

“We are targeting the frequent/tournament player who has discerning criteria for the racquet’s performance. It became clear in working with these players that they all have certain needs and preferences when it comes to weight and the need for power or control. It is why we are offering 4 models of differing unstrung weights – 11.8 ounces to 10.7 ounces each with a closed string pattern for control or an open pattern for power. We are providing “customized” options with our in line offering of racquets, said Paul Zalatoris, General Manager of Tecnifibre USA.”

The TFight 335 and TFight 320 racquets are available now and the TFlash 310 and TFeel 305 will be available in January of 2007.

vsbabolat
12-06-2006, 04:37 PM
I think it is very smart. I wish other companies would do this instead of some new gimmick every 18 to 24 months.

Noveson
12-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Sounds like it is going to be pretty successful. They need to change those names, I get lost between the 335, 320, 310, 305, 399, 416, and all the other racquets they have:p

sureshs
12-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Sounds like it is going to be pretty successful. They need to change those names, I get lost between the 335, 320, 310, 305, 399, 416, and all the other racquets they have:p

I like those numbers very much, actually. It is the unstrung weight in grams. I told TW to make sure my 315s were actually close to 315 g and they did.

TonyB
12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I like the numbering/weight scheme. It tells me immediately that I won't like any of their new racquets coming out.

No problem, since I really like the TF335. Mine is actually 356g strung with overgrip and a rubber band dampener.

p0w3r
12-06-2006, 06:33 PM
I think its a good idea, but what they really need to do is change the paintjob of the racquets. They all look the same.:-| I think they will be better able to market thier racquets if they looked different like all the other companies.

Borat
12-06-2006, 06:34 PM
yeah, I know babolat has a good thing goin, but it would be nice to see some control racquets. 95 square inches, 12+ oz, flexible, w/ babolat's styling sounds pretty good

dewey2110
12-06-2006, 11:15 PM
they would make excellent frames for customization if they weren't made from Texalium :(

alu16L
12-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Paul Zalatoris is one of the smartest guys in the tennis industry and I think that tehy Technifiber is on the right path. The guy in charge of the racket RD group knows what he' sdoing, afterall he designed the famous 6.1 Classic. Notice the switch to a more conventional handle shape on the new 320s and 335s.
The only negative thing I have to say about the new frames is that they are a bit to stiff. I know a few good players, who were relactant to make the switch due to the high power of the new frames. Even the deadest polys couldn't fix the problem. I'm hoping Technifibre will realize that and will soften the rackets up a bit.
The new frame is the direct competetor to the already crowded Pure Drive market and will face some tough competition.

Chauvalito
12-07-2006, 07:49 AM
This is pretty cool. If you go to the international portion of the TF website you can check out the above mentioned new rackets.

sureshs
12-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Notice the switch to a more conventional handle shape on the new 320s and 335s.
The only negative thing I have to say about the new frames is that they are a bit to stiff.

Can you elaborate on the handle shape? I own 2 315s, one of them newer than the other (specs on the frame are slightly different, etc). I suppose it was a small upgrade but the model is the same. But the grip feels different on the two. So I am curious what the difference you mention is and whether the upgraded 315s already had the new grip shape.

(I love the stiffness, BTW. 65 is just right for me. Gives me good pop.)

ohplease
12-07-2006, 07:56 AM
Paul Zalatoris is one of the smartest guys in the tennis industry and I think that tehy Technifiber is on the right path. The guy in charge of the racket RD group knows what he' sdoing, afterall he designed the famous 6.1 Classic. Notice the switch to a more conventional handle shape on the new 320s and 335s.
The only negative thing I have to say about the new frames is that they are a bit to stiff. I know a few good players, who were relactant to make the switch due to the high power of the new frames. Even the deadest polys couldn't fix the problem. I'm hoping Technifibre will realize that and will soften the rackets up a bit.
The new frame is the direct competetor to the already crowded Pure Drive market and will face some tough competition.

I agree. The more Technifibre shows of their new lines, the more I like what they're doing. They are obviously doing their homework and exploiting areas other manufacturers simply aren't paying attention to. Bravo.