PDA

View Full Version : OK here it comes a 4 racquet comparative review!!!

IT WAS IN!!!
12-06-2006, 05:32 PM
tomorrow i will be playtesting the Volkl DNX 9, Yonex RDS 001 MP, Fischer M Speed Pro #1 98, and the Tecnifibre 320 (16x20)!!!
I'll write a review tomorrow night

I'm very excited

Borat
12-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I think youll like the Fischer, its a sick racquet. I triedall of those, and picked the fischer. GREAT STICK

IT WAS IN!!!
12-06-2006, 05:38 PM
I think youll like the Fischer, its a sick racquet.

I'm not sure ill get passed the square grip shape though

Noveson
12-06-2006, 05:49 PM
I don't think that the grip is that noticable. I really don't find the grip shapes of any of the brands make a difference to me though.

WhiteSox05CA
12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
That's a pretty good Volkl too.

IT WAS IN!!!
12-06-2006, 06:07 PM
That's a pretty good Volkl too.

the DNX 9? what are you sayin; yeah it is a preformance racquet

federermcenroeagassi
12-06-2006, 06:08 PM
im interested in ur result

Noveson
12-06-2006, 06:15 PM
the DNX 9? what are you sayin; yeah it is it is a preformance racquet

I think he was saying it is a nice stick, unless I missed the sarcasm. Don't know what you are asking about. I'm thinking there needs to be a comma in there, man is that hard to figure out:o

IT WAS IN!!!
12-06-2006, 06:25 PM
sorry i didn't understand what he said

rainmaker
12-06-2006, 06:46 PM
what's wrong with the squarish grip???

i actually prefer it.... helps me keep track of hand/finger placement...

I would think a perfectly round grip is harder to maintain consistent placement...

also, did you look into the fischer 105??? any thoughts on that??

Chauvalito
12-06-2006, 06:51 PM
It was in,
This is a bit weird, I'm actually testing the same exact rackets other than the fischer next week, thanks to TW. Its even more weird because we were going to get the m-speed pro # 1 light, but we decided on the m-fil 200 2006 instead...i was going to do a review too :). Anyway, i look forward to your comments seeing as we are going to be testing 3 of the same rackets.

javier sergio
12-07-2006, 05:58 AM
where is the review?

IT WAS IN!!!
12-08-2006, 06:40 PM
ok I played today on medium speed hard courts with a friend who is ok but i got to hit all of the shots.

Playing Background: Junior who is ranked in Louisiana 5'10" 160lbs. played since I was 7 (14 now). I play about 2 at least to 5 days a week but usually 4.

My Gear: (1) Wilson 6-1 95, (1) Babolat Pure Drive+ (old)

Paint Job (or PJ for others): favorite was the Tecnifibre, Volkl was least favorite. of course noone cares about what I think of the PJ so moving on...

Groundstrokes: I loved the RDS in this category, I could place the ball anywhere that i wanted to on the court with topspin or slice and it never made me swing too fast or anything of the sort. My second pick was the
Volkl it had all of the same groundstrokes characteristics but it was lacking stability it felt like there was nothing in the head. The fisher came next when hitting a simple forehand i had to swing exceptionally hard which i had never felt even in a 90 sq. in. head just to get it over the net. I have to say it I flat out HATED the Tecnifibre. It was very unpredictable, I would hit a shot that would go in then i'd hit the same shot and it would go somewhere else.

Serves+ Volleys: I found that again the RDS was best in this category, very stable had a nice kick serve with it followed by the Volkl again i could hit a nice serve with it too but feel is the key and the RDS was much better. I am sorry for You Fischer and Tecnifibre fans but they were last in all categories so i will stop talking about them sorry!!!

Returns: in this category the volkl was perfect i just used a normal stroke i used the servers power in my favor, I had slight trouble with spin on returns with the RDS but was able to correct it after an hour.

Specialty Shots: RDS was easier to Lob with, it could generate great strong topspin. The Volkl I found was easier to slice with and this was the case in drop shots as well

Summary: My new racquet will be the Yonex RDS 001 I loved the consistency, feel, and just about everything about it. The Volkl DNX 9 was a great racquet, but I lacked that feel that I love from my old Babolat that I don't have with the Ncode. I really hated the Tecnifibre it felt bad, and it was uncontrollable. The Fischer wasn't my cup of tea it might have been better if I was used to such a low powered racquet.

Sorry for it being a day late!:)

jace112
12-08-2006, 09:02 PM
thx for this review!