PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Control Team MP vs Pure Storm Team MP

JMichael
12-06-2006, 08:21 PM
The specs on these two racquets are so very close. Both 27"in length, both with similar swingweights of 327/326, same head size, 98 sq in. Biggest difference is stiffness, 70/64. Has anyone played with both ? If so, I would greatly appreciate any feedback on differences and similarities between the two. Thank you in advance for your help.

jace112
12-06-2006, 09:37 PM
It's more about weight and manoeuvrability. The Pure Storm can be a really nice substitute to a true player's frame. Good feeback, easy on the arm. Classic feel too. Great choice for something less than 300 g.

10sNut
01-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Anyone add lead to the Storm MP to bring it closer to the PC MP 100 spec, and if so, do they play similar with this mod? Looking for a very close replacement for my aging Pure Control Team MP Standards (100 si).

counterpuncher
01-07-2007, 01:33 PM
I owned and played with a PC MP and then sold it about 2 years ago and now have a tail-weighted Storm in my bag which I take out and play with occassionally, so my comparison is a little bit of a stretch.

From memory the PC MP was more headlight, had a lighter swingweight, was definitely stiffer (and thus more powerful) and also offered a little less spin.

I prefer the Storm for groundstrokes because of the added flex and spin and the PC MP for serves and volleys because of the stiffness and additional maneuverability.

It wouldn't be too difficult IMO to switch from one to the other.

10sNut
01-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the input.

Are you playing the Storm Mid or MP (103 si)?

Did you tailweight your Storm by using a leather grip or just add lead under the syn grip?

counterpuncher
01-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Are you playing the Storm Mid or MP (103 si)?
Did you tailweight your Storm by using a leather grip or just add lead under the syn grip?
I play with a Storm mid 98', tail weighted with a half heat shrink sleeve and an overwrap over a synthetic grip which has added 15 grams to the handle.

The weight is now up to 328 grams in this conifguration with an approximate swingweight of 325. I have found the tail weighting to vastly improve the stick in terms of stability with a little added power and spin.