PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Cincinatti final - Sampras v Lendl

laurie
12-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi, I have about 13 clips of this match. Was a great match with a surprising lot of breaks of serve, especially in the 3rd set. I also have around the same number of clips of a great 5 set match Becker and Sampras played at the 1996 Stuttgart final.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/index_files/page0016.html

By the way, Stuutgart Super Nine then Masters was relocated to Madrid in 2003.

eunjam
12-08-2006, 09:37 AM
wow. thanks!! is that your site?

arnz
12-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Yeah thanks for that. Its funny how all the matches I downloaded (Kuznetsova, Sampras/Lendl, and Seles) all had various droning sounds of planes or blimps marring the match. Its one advantage of indoors is not having to hear planes overhead

laurie
12-08-2006, 11:06 AM
wow. thanks!! is that your site?

Thanks. Yes it is, I started it in April of this year.

laurie
12-12-2006, 03:21 AM
I know there are a lot of people out there who want to know more about Krajicek, so I've added:

Krajicek v Henman - 2000 US Open. Great 5 set match.

vivavincent
12-12-2006, 07:11 PM
I would like to watch Sergi Bruguera, can you add it on your site? thank a lots

laurie
12-13-2006, 04:45 AM
Actually I don't have any Brugera matches. I must confess I never liked him at all during the 1990s.

Dedans Penthouse
12-13-2006, 11:28 AM
I would like to watch Sergi Bruguera, can you add it on your site? thank a lots
viva: track down a poster here that goes by the moniker of:

!tym

He's THE Bruguera know-it-all. The guy idolized Bruguera. For some reason....he still does! :-)

He eats spaghetti with Bruguera sauce. He drives a Bruguera GT. He has Bruguera caviar with his extra-dry (you guessed it:) Brug Champagne. He wears a Brvguera watch; anyway, you probably get the picture.... :-)

This guy can tell you every match that Brugurea played (especially the ones he "won"), what Bruguera's underwear size is, what's his favorite sex position, etc..

Ask him to regale you with the specific "details" of Bruguera's illness during the U.S. Open when he had to play Emilio Sanchez; a fascinating tale he's 'rewarded' us with on more than one occasion.

I must confess I never liked him at all during the 1990's Hang onto your hat laurie, !tym is probably typing up a 10,000 word pean to Bruguera's--his 'dominating' win over a throughly out-class Pete Sampras at the Lipton in Miami (I know I've heard about that match 20 ...... or was it 25 times?) :rolleyes:

laurie
12-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Dedans, I remember that match well in Miami, watching it on Eurosport. I think Sampras won the first set, then Brugera got mad for some reason - maybe a bad line call and started playing really well and won the match, I was quite surprised how things unfolded that day.

I could never remember who won the final, I think he played Muster but don't know who won the final.

Any comments from anyone on Krajicek's game? I think he had a great game.

vivavincent
12-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Krajicek runs very very quick. I think he likes edberg more than Henman.

Remember Krajicek is Sampras's nightmare. Sampras cannot return his serve well, passing shot cannot pass him (Sampras does not fear Becker) etc...

But I don't why Krajicek only win one Grand Slam title.

mctennis
12-14-2006, 08:15 AM
I know there are a lot of people out there who want to know more about Krajicek, so I've added:

Krajicek v Henman - 2000 US Open. Great 5 set match.

It was a great match. I'd like to find that one on DVD.

laurie
12-14-2006, 09:31 AM
MC, I took that match from my own DVD. Vivavincent, I've got 16 clips of the 2000 US Open quaterfinal between Sampras and Krajicek to put on my site at some point in the near future.

laurie
12-14-2006, 09:39 AM
Actually, if you're name refers to St Vincent racquets, my mum is from there. She started to like Sampras more when she learned he played with raquets made in St Vincent a few years ago!!

mctennis
12-14-2006, 10:46 AM
MC, I took that match from my own DVD. Vivavincent, I've got 16 clips of the 2000 US Open quaterfinal between Sampras and Krajicek to put on my site at some point in the near future.

I'd like to get a copy of it please contact me at mctennis@excite.com. Thanks

laurie
12-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi. I've sent you an email.