PDA

View Full Version : I have a dream

BlackJesus
12-07-2006, 01:09 PM
that one day going into a pro shop and find near the usual racquets line up the real frame pro players are using. A day in which any of us can chose if buy a flexpoint prestige and the Safin's prestige with his real weight,balance and SW. But I think that this will be a dream for a long time unfortunately :D
It's so strange that companies have so many fears in marketing this racquets and no trouble in advertising the Power Arm technology instead!

El Diablo
12-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Your interpretation of the situation strikes me as odd. I don't think racquet companies "fear" marketing the exact racquet Safin uses -- why would they? I think SAFIN may not want his exact racquet with his specs marketed and that would be reasonable, given many athletes particularness and secrecy about equipment. Also, racquet companies may not be eager to put HEAVIER than usual racquets on sale, as many player replicas would be. Pro shop managers will tell you that "store feel" when a customer pulls a racquet off the shelf and swings it a bit is very important to sales and accounts for the success of lighter racquets recently. The relatively small number of more serious players know they can always add weight. The number of people on a website like this who clamor for a pro replica is trivial compared to the larger number of customers who would be scared away by a heavy club they pulled off the shelf.

Rafa's best friend
12-07-2006, 01:49 PM
I have a dream that RAFA will win both aussie and french open and Wimbledon next year.,,,,,,,,,,mmmmm.////////////