PDA

View Full Version : Going to Miami/Kew West

Tennis Man
12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
Are there any nice public courts or other good places to play tennis at? My waterfront hotel doesn't have one but I've seen before some hotels on Miami Beach have them. Where should I go otherwise? ty.

drakulie
12-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Are you going to Miami, or Key West?? If Miami, where will you be staying?? there are a lot of public courts around, and some of the hotels also have courts with coaches, clinics, etc.

You could also visit the Nasdaq. Those courts are open to the public. yes the same tennis tournament the pros play at every year.

swedechris
12-09-2006, 02:35 AM
in south beach has clay courts i think 15 of them .. har-tru .. good ones.. also round 41 st st there are a few courts of the westeren section of collins ave.

also round 70th or is it 71st st and collins ave there are 2 hard courts that are good..
enjoy!

Tennis Man
12-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks, guys. Yes, I will be staying on Collins Ave in North Miami area and go to the Key Biscayne tennis center.

Drakule, are you in Florida?

lude popper
12-10-2006, 04:01 PM
if you're in key west, go to bayview park on truman > you should be able to find a 4.5-5.0. I'll be the guy with the red sox hat, 2 day stubble, feeding balls at inflated rates.

NoBadMojo
12-10-2006, 04:39 PM
i too recommend cramden park <think that's what it is called> at key biscayne where they play the nasdaq. for anyone in the area wanting a lesson, look up Vishnu. He's the Dtr of Tennis there and a quality teaching pro and will give you a enjoyable quality lesson.
lude, i'll look you up next time i'm in the key west if you like. we can have a hit and maybe hit bo's or whereever. are you still swingin the Gen2?

Tennis Man
12-10-2006, 06:37 PM
if you're in key west, go to bayview park on truman > you should be able to find a 4.5-5.0. I'll be the guy with the red sox hat, 2 day stubble, feeding balls at inflated rates.

Are you seriously there? Love Kew West. What level are you?

drakulie
12-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks, guys. Yes, I will be staying on Collins Ave in North Miami area and go to the Key Biscayne tennis center.

Drakule, are you in Florida?

Yes, I live in Miami. If you want to have a hit, let me know. I have already met a few people here on the boards. Always good fun. :)

lude popper
12-11-2006, 10:43 AM
i too recommend cramden park <think that's what it is called> at key biscayne where they play the nasdaq. for anyone in the area wanting a lesson, look up Vishnu. He's the Dtr of Tennis there and a quality teaching pro and will give you a enjoyable quality lesson.
lude, i'll look you up next time i'm in the key west if you like. we can have a hit and maybe hit bo's or whereever. are you still swingin the Gen2?

absolutely. love to shake the hand of the man who got me on to Volkl.
love the G2 -- would not trade it for the world.

NoBadMojo
12-11-2006, 12:26 PM
absolutely. love to shake the hand of the man who got me on to Volkl.
love the G2 -- would not trade it for the world.

good go luder. glad to help..things turned up even because you got me on to the author David Foster Wallace..really brilliant stuff thanks.

penang
12-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Are there any nice public courts or other good places to play tennis at? My waterfront hotel doesn't have one but I've seen before some hotels on Miami Beach have them. Where should I go otherwise? ty.

Ya, if you go to Key West you can easily find hitting partner at all level. Just sign up and wait for your turn. I was there 2 years ago and love it.

Tennis Man
12-12-2006, 05:43 AM
Yes, I live in Miami. If you want to have a hit, let me know. I have already met a few people here on the boards. Always good fun. :)

OK, I'll let you know. Maybe we can hit at NASDAQ :)))

JRProstaf9
12-12-2006, 07:32 AM
I remember checking out the park in Key West while I was there and seeing a bunch of people out and about palying. More specifically this one gorgeous blonde who hit a pretty decent ball. Although I'll admit I wasn't watching her for her game.
Any of you Key West locals know who I'm talking about?

drakulie
12-13-2006, 03:41 PM
OK, I'll let you know. Maybe we can hit at NASDAQ :)))

Definitely. That would be cool.