PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody met a hitting partner online before?

goober
08-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Just wondering if these things work out normally. Any weirdos or good/bad stories to tell?

:?:

Phil
08-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Met two online-no bad stories or weirdos (which is weird in itself, since it was NYC). Played one guy a couple times and then he moved to another city. The other guy only wanted to play early mornings, due to his schedule. Played at 7:00 a.m. a couple times (I'll do just about anything to find a good game!), and that was enough for me-I'm not a morning person or morning PLAYER.

jayserinos99
08-16-2004, 08:35 PM
i hit with someone from the boards sometimes. it's pretty normal.

Brian Purdie
08-23-2004, 02:52 PM
I actually met a joe, literally, on these boards after he posted tournament info about a Savannah event. I happened to be visiting in the area, and decided to play in the tournament. I still kept in touch with him and later moved there 2 years later for a job. we get around to playing once a month.

David Pavlich
08-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Yes...my lovely and gracious wife.

David

norcal
08-24-2004, 06:48 AM
I hit with Max 200G last month while he was visiting the Bay Area. I'm still alive so I guess it worked out pretty well!

PusherMan
08-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Yep.

It was a female and she was HOT. We hit for about an hour. She wasn't anywhere near my level, but she was HOT.

The courts were in her apartment complex. Afterwards she offered to let me shower in her pad. You folks know what happens next.

Anyways, she went back to the east coast and I haven't been about to find a HOT hitting partner since. Bummer.

Did I mention she was HOT?

ibemadskillzz
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
PUsherman, please explain what happend next, and also you have pictures? If you can't I will give u my e-mail to explain.

Frodo Baggins
08-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Pusher:Tsk Tsk-Shame on you .... I'm keeping an eye on you.. a sharp eye on you from now on... :wink: Remember pusher I got my eye on you ..

Max G.
08-25-2004, 05:12 PM
I hit with Max 200G last month while he was visiting the Bay Area. I'm still alive so I guess it worked out pretty well!

Well, I had to borrow your racquet and couldn't get a serve in if my life depended on it... we had nice rallies when we just hit around, but when we played a set I got killed. Had to resort to serving underhand - no way to get to net doing that... not sure whether that counts as working well.

dsa202
09-03-2004, 07:23 AM
ya, most of the guys i have met claim to have been 4.5 5.0 but they suckedand i jus rolled them. Many pple lie about there tennis skill jus to look good.

goober
09-03-2004, 06:47 PM
ya, most of the guys i have met claim to have been 4.5 5.0 but they suckedand i jus rolled them. Many pple lie about there tennis skill jus to look good.

lol I finally met this one guy who kept emailing me to play. I was hesistant because he said he was a 3.0. Well as you say he was exaggerating his abilities, he couldn't keep a rally going for more than 2 shots. I felt bad and tried to work on my weak second serve the whole match.

topspin
09-07-2004, 07:57 AM
I played this guy who replied to an add I placed on my tennis club's message board. I asked for 4.0 + players and he called and said that he was at that level. We played 3 sets and he got 1 or 2 games max. He's more of a 3.0 bordering on 3.5. I saw he signed up for a tournament at the 4.0 level but he didn't even show up. I think it's a lot more fun to play at your level. I mean of course it's fun to play guys that are better, but if they are a lot better, you're not hitting any balls and not really learning anything out there.

matchpoints
09-07-2004, 03:42 PM
I met Chris here on these boards, and we've hit a few times. Very cool guy I must say.

Btw, I'm around San Antonio and Austin area if anyone wants a match. Always looking to play new people. Don't know my level though. I played D2 and D3 college. I also play USTA Adult Open and about to play some Futures events.

Cheers

topspin
11-08-2004, 01:31 AM
I met a couple of players. One guy was a big shot, president of a big company. Another guy, well still not sure what exactly he does, turned out to be someone I would rather not play with. He had an opinion on everything and turns out he doesn't have nearly the education he needs to form those opinions. He also screamed and yelled anytime he lost a point.

BiGGieStuFF
11-08-2004, 06:53 AM
Hell I was wondering about this same topic as well. Any Houston people in here? I'd love to meet up and play. Sometimes the people I hit with are just too flaky about playing.

kevhen
11-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Yes, 3 that I can think of, one was a weird with racquetball like power swing. He would fall asleep in his car and then not show up to play since I didn't know what car was his. But the others I have met have all been cool and good hitting partners.