PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play ZATs?

mhstennis100
12-10-2006, 11:01 AM
I play them. I didn't start getting serious about tennis until right before highschool tryouts. The best I'd done in a zat before that was win 2 consolations. In my last 2 zats, I've won the quarters but lost to the #1 seed in the semis both times. The #1's went on to win the whole tournament both times to. I'm kinda upset because I only have 2 zat until I age up to 16's and I need 17 points to get up to champs.

Does anyone else have stories about zats or champ tournies?

Also, can anyone compare the level of play in 16 zats to 14 zats?

edit: I only need 1 point for champs now though.

fishuuuuu
12-10-2006, 11:45 AM
I play them. I didn't start getting serious about tennis until right before highschool tryouts. The best I'd done in a zat before that was win 2 consolations. In my last 2 zats, I've won the quarters but lost to the #1 seed in the semis both times. The #1's went on to win the whole tournament both times to. I'm kinda upset because I only have 2 zat until I age up to 16's and I need 17 points to get up to champs.

Does anyone else have stories about zats or champ tournies?

Also, can anyone compare the level of play in 16 zats to 14 zats?

Generally, as you age up the level of play gets harder. But at the ZAT level it shouldn't be too noticeable. When you start playing Champs and Supers, each subsequent age group will have bigger hitters that move better and better and with solid heads on their shoulders.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

ngtaj88
12-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Well I used to play zats, champs, and supers for the texas section and from my experience it seemed like 14s was tougher to qualify for champs than 16s was but 16s has more consistent and heavier hitters since they older and more grown up. If I were I would start playing grand prixs right now in the 16s age group to prepare for 16s zats since you have only two zats left. You dont want to qualify for 14s champs then age down again back to 16s zats within the next month or two. So practice hard right now and get ready for 16s.