PDA

View Full Version : Which Country Has The Best National Anthem?

gmlasam
08-16-2004, 10:13 PM
I would say USA's Star Spangled Banner is the best, then comes Canada's as second, then Britian's at 3rd, then France's at 4th.

Listen to all the national anthems here, http://www.national-anthems.net/index.html

What are your opinions?

Aonex
08-16-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm not a big fan of the star spangled banner... I mean, it's about the flag. So what? I'd prefer having America the Beautiful as the national anthem... but I guess that won't happen cause it has the word "god" in it.

Aus Mosis
08-17-2004, 12:52 AM
No way, im an aussie, so by no means being biased, but the New Zeealand national anthem is awesome, and easily the best. Gmlasam, you are just being completley biased! The star spangled banner sounds S*&%

Phil
08-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Okay, let's have a pointless argument on which country's national anthem is "better", shall we...

@wright
08-17-2004, 07:14 AM
This is like arguing whether the Alien or Predator is cooler...

"The Alien is soooooo gonna get his *** kicked, that is if he has an ***".
I think Burkina Faso's national anthem is easily the coolest, with all the tongue clicking and what not.

NoBadMojo
08-17-2004, 08:56 AM
If you like the anthem of Burkina Faso, you gotta love the nat'l anthem of Tuva w. the throat singing and all. anyone know when Tuva plays Faso in Davis Cup?

@wright
08-17-2004, 09:57 AM
This match won't be televised, ed, they are among the only countries in the world still playing with wood racquets. Hey, when the national average yearly income is $200, you can't exactly run out and get an ncode!

NoBadMojo
08-17-2004, 11:40 AM
ya man @wright..and some countries just refuse to play w. those tretorn pressureless balls...the tuvan team has been playing w. the same balls for 2years now.

AAAA
08-17-2004, 05:08 PM
gmlasam, Thanks for the link. Out of curiosity I will listen to some of the anthems from countries obscure to my knowledge.

lenosucks
08-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Yea, America would definitely have the best anthem if they changed it to America the Beautiful. Why not have a national anthem about the beauty of our country instead of a song written about a revolutionary war battle?

Phil
08-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Why not have a national anthem about the beauty of our country instead of a song written about a revolutionary war battle?

UUUUUGGGGGGH! Groan.