View Full Version : Fischer Pro Number 1
08-17-2004, 12:02 AM
From the Reader Feedback this seems to be a solid racket, i would really like to demo it, im in the search for a new racket, ill be switching from the I.radical MP, lookin for somethin with a racket with some more spin and some more heft, is this the racket im lookin for?
I can't say whether it is the racquet you are looking for but
1) It does weigh more so it is naturally more hefty than a iRad MP.
2) Spin will partly depend on string type, tension and technique. However I own a Pro #1 and have no trouble hitting heavy spin on ground strokes. Spin on serves is quite good but I need to concentration on my technique quite abit. Maybe my technique is at fault?
3) The Pro #1 has extremely good build quality and the racquet has no weaknesses imo for a 320g(unstrung) racquet. It's well suited for all-court play since IMO the racquet has no features optimized for either s&v or baseline only play. This does mean you must have the skill to do some of the work but the racquet is strong to very strong in all areas.
4) It is much softer feeling than an iRad MP. Much more comfortable.
5) If you find a better playing 320g (unstrung weight) racquet please post and tell me.
08-17-2004, 02:42 AM
If you string over 60lbs.， it will play stiff like the Pro Staff 6.0
08-17-2004, 04:15 PM
i played with my cousins and his was strung at 60 lbs and it was the best racquet i ever hit with. i especially liked the serve and groundstrokes i hit with it
08-17-2004, 04:32 PM
I think 60lbs. depend on the strings.
vBulletin® v3.6.9, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.