PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Gamma 5003 6 pt.

Tour 90
12-11-2006, 01:45 PM
I am very excited about using this. Took it out of the box and put it together in about 20 minutes, great quality; no cracks, fit together perfectly, and the goldish metal looks fantastic! I am having my coach come over to teach me on it tomorrow and I am very excited to string up my 61tours with some of the Gamma tnt2 that came with it. I have heard it was a great string. :D
My question is, how good does the first job come out to be? I am curious b/c I don't want to waste a good set of strings if they come out 5 lbs. higher or lower than my ideal 58. Can anyone help me out? I really look forward to stringing for many years to come!

federermcenroeagassi
12-11-2006, 01:54 PM
i dont know the exact answer, but i would say use some cheap strings first, just so you get the hang of it. especially because you dont want to waste a good set of gamma tnt2, or any other decent string for that matter ;D

tennis&racquetball89
12-11-2006, 02:21 PM
If your coach is going to help you out he'll probably make sure you do it right so you could probably use the good strings right away.

Also if you wanted extra practice, since you probably do because you just got an awesome new machine, use some cheap string first.

theace21
12-11-2006, 03:51 PM
It might take you a long time, but you shouldn't have any problems if you have someone teaching you. Enjoy your new toy!!!

Tour 90
12-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys! He is a great stringer so I"ll use the tnt2, if I mess up he can help me out with it. I am so excited to start tomorrow, I am so happy that I got such a good machine! I will probably use it for atleast 20 years, so I might as well get a high quality one. Thanks again!

varuscelli
12-12-2006, 05:58 PM
If you'd like to submit some photos of your new machine to the photo library, I'd welcome them. We don't have anything yet for the Gamma 5003 and I think that would make a nice addition.

Contact me off list if you'd like to send me some photos in.

Thanks! :)

Al Ruscelli
vruscelli@houston.rr.com
www.photostringer.com (http://www.photostringer.com)

40Love
12-13-2006, 06:11 PM
I have been lurking around these threads for a couple of months now trying to decide Gamma or Eagnas. I ordered the Gamma 5003 today. Thanks for all the good information on boths sides of the issue. I will post my thoughts and pics about the Gamma after the holidays as it is a Christmas present to myself.

varuscelli
12-13-2006, 06:59 PM
I have been lurking around these threads for a couple of months now trying to decide Gamma or Eagnas. I ordered the Gamma 5003 today. Thanks for all the good information on boths sides of the issue. I will post my thoughts and pics about the Gamma after the holidays as it is a Christmas present to myself.

Did you go for the six-point or two-point mounting system? I have to know... ;)

40Love
12-14-2006, 12:46 PM
Decided to go with the 6 point. Found one site selling the 2 point for the same price but it would not ship until January. I have been stringing on an old EH and this will be my first time on a quality 6 point machine. I just wonder if Gamma will drop the 6 point from the offering?

Tour 90
12-15-2006, 02:57 PM
Sorry Al, I can't put up any pics but maybe later when my camera is working. I actually don't know how to upload them to internet either. :oops:

40Love, glad to hear you got one too, I strung up all my racquets and it is quite easy and they all came out nicely, I love this machine!

varuscelli
12-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Sorry Al, I can't put up any pics but maybe later when my camera is working. I actually don't know how to upload them to internet either. :oops:

Let me know if you end up taking any photos and want some posted. All you'd need to do would be to e-mail them to me. I'd set up a page to post them (that is, if you're comfortable having me do so). Do it if you can, though. We don't have any 5003 photos out there, so they'd be the first.

In the mean time, enjoy that machine! :)

40Love
12-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Varuscelli, I will post my Gamma 5003 pics when I open it. I have a D70 and should be able to get some hi-res shots done for you.

varuscelli
12-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Varuscelli, I will post my Gamma 5003 pics when I open it. I have a D70 and should be able to get some hi-res shots done for you.

Excellent!

I'll look forward to them.

My e-mail is readily available (earlier in this message and via the photostringer.com site) so I won't repeat it again here. But if you have any questions or anything, feel free to send me an e-mail.

And actually, on the "opening it for Christmas" thing, make sure someone else is holding the D70 so we can all see your expression of surprise. :)

Al Ruscelli

Tour 90
12-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Thanks Al, if I do take pics I'll let you know and would be happy to have them in your excellent album!