PDA

View Full Version : who here still uses the glide bar system..i know i do!!

Young Pete
12-11-2006, 10:00 PM
tell me your experiences!!!

theace21
12-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Well, you know I do. All I have used. Had a small drop weight (BR-3 for you old guys), Ektelon Model D, Now a Ektelon Model H...Upgrade to the Wise head 2 years ago....Only problem, those stupid fan rackets!

Young Pete
12-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Well, you know I do. All I have used. Had a small drop weight (BR-3 for you old guys), Ektelon Model D, Now a Ektelon Model H...Upgrade to the Wise head 2 years ago....Only problem, those stupid fan rackets!

my situation:

(these were bought and sold at one time or another)
started with an alpha pioneer 2, then klippermate, then alpha pioneer 3, then the upgraded pioneer 3, then the ektelon model DE (not upgraded :-( so i had to let it go), now the prince neos with an alpha crank!!!!!

couldn't be happier!!
i currently have the neos and alpha pioneer 3. i would have loved AND would prefer the original upgraded ektelons, but these are very rare. For example, the ektelon model DE with the upgraded model H to accomodate the widebodys this would be sweeeet, also i wouldn't mind having a model H (last prince/ektelon to be made in USA) but for now i will settle with a PRINCE NEOS.
i still kept my alpha pioneer 3 for the good memories it has served me!

PBODY99
12-13-2006, 02:16 PM
After more than twenty years, I still use my Gamma machine with glide bars. I only handle a few fan pattern frames these days, and I've not gotten any complaints.