PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Stencil

tennisboy87
08-17-2004, 05:27 PM
I have a question about the Dunlop stencil. I know I could buy it from TW, but when I went to the Dunlop website, they had a PDF file that had the stencil on it that you could then print out. My question is, once I print the file out, then what do I do? I'm guessing you should use the printed stencil to help you make your own, but I don't know how? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

TennsDog
08-20-2004, 06:18 AM
Once you print out the file Dunlop has you can put mulitple pieces of paper together or put it on a thin piece of cardboard or whatever you want to do to make it sturdier. I actually laminated one of my stencils that I printed on paper which makes it sturdier and keeps the paper from absorbing the ink as well. I made my Dunlop stencil by copying the stencil found on TW and printing that then cutting it out myself. That worked just fine. I printed it on extra thick printer paper and then stabled on another sheet which has worked well.

Virgilio
08-20-2004, 03:21 PM
And what kind of ink do u use on the stencil?!?

TennsDog
08-22-2004, 04:41 PM
You can buy stencil ink on TW. Just, if you use poly strings, get the poly stencil ink as I know from experience normal ink will not stay on poly strings at all and you will end up just painting your balls.

Tennis Guy
08-23-2004, 04:43 PM
You can buy stencil ink on TW. Just, if you use poly strings, get the poly stencil ink as I know from experience normal ink will not stay on poly strings at all and you will end up just painting your balls.
Where can you get poly stencil ink?

TennsDog
08-23-2004, 04:47 PM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-ALLINK.html
I believe the red Wilson Super Ink is for poly strings...