PDA

View Full Version : Would I gain anything by stringing....

Benjamin
03-09-2004, 09:12 AM
I currently have my POG mid strung with Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L in the mains and crosses (at 57 pounds).

I'm thinking about keeping the Luxilon strings in the mains and putting some natural gut strings (probably 17g) in the crosses.

What, if anything, would I gain by doing this?

Thanks.

Benjamin

Loud
03-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Your frame would be a bit softer, a bit easier on the arm, and have a bit more pop.

brijoel
03-09-2004, 03:44 PM
if you like the current "feel/feedback" from the racquet but want that lil extra touch and slight more pop with the gut.......id suggest upping the tension 2-3 lbs as well simply because the gut will "give" more. while adding touch, this also means the ball stays on the racquet longer so your stroke will feel like it will need some adjustment unless you adjust the tension to compensate.
i know all that sounds a lil lengthy and you prolly could care less.....and most likely wont notice it, but if you happen to notice it, it is very nice to know how to adjust your stroke accordingly to take advantage of your change. : )

Larry Baldridge
03-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Benjamin -- What are you wanting to accomplish?

Gaines Hillix
03-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Your pocket book will be a lot lighter! :-) Seriously, it will increase the power level and make the stringbed feel softer. It may also make the stringbed feel springy. I've used Poly Polar and Tourch Turbo in the mains with synthetics in the crosses and there was a marked trampoline effect. Almost like a delayed snap back of the strings.