PDA

View Full Version : prince synthetic w/ duraflex vs. gosen og sheep micro

str33t
12-16-2006, 02:46 PM
so how does psgd 17 compare to gosen og sheep micro 17 ?

i currently use psgd 17 in a hybrid setup [see my sig.]

-spin?
-comfort?
-durability?
-anything else?

Nuke
12-16-2006, 03:00 PM
PSGD is stiffer, crisper, less powerful. OG Sheep is springier and more powerful. PSGD probably a bit better in spin and durability. OG Sheep more comfortable. Both are good stings for the money, in hybrid (as the cross string with poly mains) or full jobs. OG sheep is insanely cheap in reels (well, the generic version, anyway).

elee3
12-16-2006, 11:44 PM
I haven't used the PSGD in hybrid yet so I'll just compare the two in full jobs. I haven't played with the PSGD in a few months so the similar areas I can't say which is better in the close areas. But I do use OG Sheep a lot. Power and comfort are similar for both. But it seems to me OG sheep loses the comfort and power a lot more and feels a lot more boardy when strung at higher tensions. Durability, PSGD is for sure more durable. OG Sheep isn't very durable. Spin, for sure the OG sheep. I don't know why but the OG sheep 17 gauge gives me ridiculous amount of spin. Even more than a 17 gauge poly. If only OG sheep 17 lasted more than 4-5 hours regularly I wouldn't be bouncing around between full OG sheep or hybrid of poly.

bad_call
12-17-2006, 09:49 AM
PSGD is stiffer, crisper, less powerful. OG Sheep is springier and more powerful. PSGD probably a bit better in spin and durability. OG Sheep more comfortable. Both are good stings for the money, in hybrid (as the cross string with poly mains) or full jobs. OG sheep is insanely cheap in reels (well, the generic version, anyway).

i'm mostly in agreement with Nuke. however can't say much about durability since i cut them out after a while. that's the problem with doing your own stringing. u want to try other strings just cause...